Link to fire WJ petition

4,808 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by calbear80
UCBerkGrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Think Cal needs to make a change? Here is your opportunity to sign a petition:

Cal Men's Basketball - Petition For Change

Interesting comment left by a Douglas Goldman.....could it be the uber Cal donor of the same name?

[url=https://www.change.org/u/938023411][/url]
Douglas Goldman
2 days ago
[url=https://www.change.org/u/938023411][/url]REASON FOR SIGNING
Jim--
There is nothing more you should need to observe. The longer this goes on, the harder it will be to subsequently develop a high-quality, successful, and desirable program! The continuous loss of fans is less sustainable than the outrageous cost of buying out the contract. The time has come--MAKE THE CHANGE!
Go Bears!
Doug Goldman
ducky23
It's nice and all for Doug to sign the petition. But he could make the change himself with a stroke of his pen. (Of course that's easy for me to say, since it's not my money)
roqmoq
There is nothing more you should need to observe. The longer this goes on, the harder it will be to subsequently develop a high-quality, successful, and desirable program! The continuous loss of fans is less sustainable than the outrageous cost of buying out the contract. The time has come--MAKE THE CHANGE!

Go Bears!
Doug Goldman

If this is indeed the Goldman who had courtside seats and attended many games with Sean Lampley, he gave up his seats.
oskidunker
It may be he feels his influence is doing no good. I know several major donors were distraught after a meeting with Knowlton several weeks ago. the indication was Jones would not be fired. Maybe he has offered money, . Who Knows.All I know is The Goldman Plaza in the stadium was in his honor and I appreciate all he has done for Cal sports.

As someone mentioned in another thread, The major Donors must be considered in naming a replacement. They put up the money, their wishes should be strongly considered.

This mess is likely to get worse before it gets better.
Go Bears!
calbear80
. 0-14 this year and 22 consecutive loses to the conference opponents.

. Worst ever in the history of Power conferences according to several highly respected national publications.

. Poor recruiting promises bleak future (9th in the Pac-12 last year and 9th in the Pac-12 this year)

Is Jim Knowlton sleep on the job?

Go Bears!
calbear80
calbear80
oskidunker said:

I know several major donors were distraught after a meeting with Knowlton several weeks ago. the indication was Jones would not be fired.

This statement calls for action.
bipolarbear
It's going to take a lot to get this aircraft carrier turned around.
calbear80
bipolarbear said:

It's going to take a lot to get this aircraft carrier turned around.

This aircraft is sitting right at the bottom floor. So, maybe, turning it around is not that difficult.

Go Bears!
oskidunker
If people don't share their views with the AD, then they have no one to blame but themselves. By doing nothing, you are telling him you are satisfied. His email has been posted here many times.. I hope you have sent him a note. Jim.knowlton@berkeley.edu

Go Bears!
touchdownbears43
Jim Knowlton must be THE nicest, most empathetic person in America or he is a clueless academic faking it as a real AD. Given his pedigree, the latter isn't probably that far off. This is a unmitigated disaster. How is the Chancellor allowing this to continue?!!
Bear19
touchdownbears43 said:

Jim Knowlton must be THE nicest, most empathetic person in America or he is a clueless academic faking it as a real AD. Given his pedigree, the latter isn't probably that far off. This is a unmitigated disaster. How is the Chancellor allowing this to continue?!!
If Knowlton doesn't get his act together & fix this, it will be up to the Chancellor to get an AD that is more capable. In the past, we've had Chancellors who really didn't care enough about athletics to do the work necessary to win, nor the major donors to apply the needed pressure to make that happen. We're about to find out if that's the case now.
calbear80
Bear19 said:

touchdownbears43 said:

If Knowlton doesn't get his act together & fix this, it will be up to the Chancellor to get an AD that is more capable. In the past, we've had Chancellors who really didn't care enough about athletics to do the work necessary to win, nor the major donors to apply the needed pressure to make that happen. We're about to find out if that's the case now.

+1
calbear80
ducky23 said:

It's nice and all for Doug to sign the petition. But he could make the change himself with a stroke of his pen. (Of course that's easy for me to say, since it's not my money)

We all need the do our share, starting with this petition.

Go Bears!
TheFiatLux
I'd be stunned it that was actually Goldman.

WADR, that petition is embarrassing. Those things either have to take off big, or they look embarrassing. Right now that petition is the Cal Basketball of petitions.
calbear80
Why? Over 300 people have already signed it.
oskidunker
If the 300 people all have 2 season tickets and we assume on the low side each season ticket costs $400, then the total lost revenue would be $480,000. Add those that wont renew but didnt sign and you are talking about some serious money. Correct me if I am wrong. I am not factoring in Chairbacks and the $1200 per seat donation required to buy one seat.

My guess is we wont save money by keeping him but who knows what people will really do.

Go Bears!
calbear80
oskidunker said:

If the 300 people all have 2 season tickets and we assume on the low side each season ticket costs $400, then the total lost revenue would be $480,000. Add those that wont renew but didnt sign and you are talking about some serious money. Correct me if I am wrong. I am not factoring in Chairbacks and the $1200 per seat donation required to buy one seat.

My guess is we wont save money by keeping him but who knows what people will really do.

I think your numbers understate the facts. Can you try again?

Go Bears!
UrsaMajor
oskidunker said:

OD:
You're also not doing the arithmetic well:

300x2=600
600x400=240,000, not 480,000.
calbear80
Now over 360 have signed. Need to re-do the math.

Go Bears!
calbear80
calbear80
touchdownbears43 said:

Nice guys finish last. It is time to be decisive.

Go Bears!
parentswerebears
Is that why I see so many asses?
calbear80
Please explain.

Are you referring to all the national publications who are naming this as One of the Worst Hires Of This Decade?

Go Bears!
SFCityBear
Another thread hijacked by calbear80. I think the BI should give him his own forum.
SFCityBear
calbear80
FloriDreaming
Signed and shared petition. Wrote to AD. And washing my hands of Cal Athletics until they make a change. Yes, including football. If the administration wants to wipe its arse with a great university by keeping this joke of a coach, then to hell with Cal Athletics. Big Give will get the Big Finger from me.
Civil Bear
SFCityBear said:

Another thread hijacked by calbear80. I think the BI should give him his own forum.
That's nothing. If you want to see a classic highjack you should check out the "Quotes" Thread.
calbear80
Uthaithani said:

Signed and shared petition. Wrote to AD. And washing my hands of Cal Athletics until they make a change. Yes, including football. If the administration wants to wipe its arse with a great university by keeping this joke of a coach, then to hell with Cal Athletics. Big Give will get the Big Finger from me.

Ouch!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.