Franks

2,087 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cal8285
graguna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Franks is a ridiculous shooter. His three looks effortless. Hard to run someone off the three point line when he's draining em from curry range.

Between his super long threes and Elleby's 3 or 4 threes with tight D in his face, they earned most of them, rather than CAL just leaving guys wide open all the time.
helltopay1
Sat next to a NBA Scout from the Dallas Mavericks who was scouting Franks. He did say that Franks needs to clean up his ball-handling.
bearister
helltopay1 said:

Sat next to a NBA Scout from the Dallas Mavericks who was scouting Franks. He did say that Franks needs to clean up his ball-handling.

Did he comment on Bill's son that shot 50% from the arc, had 20 points, 10 boards, 7 assists , has killer hops and handles AND IS A FRESHMAN? If not, you should have told him to take his head out of his a$$. F Franks.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
HoopDreams
graguna said:

Franks is a ridiculous shooter. His three looks effortless. Hard to run someone off the three point line when he's draining em from curry range.

Between his super long threes and Elleby's 3 or 4 threes with tight D in his face, they earned most of them, rather than CAL just leaving guys wide open all the time.
agree. Those two WSU shooters are long and deadly from deep

ducky23
I wouldn't mind the dubs taking franks in the second round.

6-8 guy who can shoot. If he could learn to play defense, he'd be a great bench piece
philbert
ducky23 said:

I wouldn't mind the dubs taking franks in the second round.

6-8 guy who can shoot. If he could learn to play defense, he'd be a great bench piece
Dubs won't have a 2nd rounder this year. They'd need to make a trade or try to buy one, which is getting more difficult each year.
Big C
bearister said:

helltopay1 said:

Did he comment on Bill's son that shot 50% from the arc, had 20 points, 10 boards, 7 assists , has killer hops and handles AND IS A FRESHMAN? If not, you should have told him to take his head out of his a$$. F Franks.
Wonder where CJ learned the art of cheap shots. Wasn't from Bill.
Big C
I thought this was going to be another Top Dog thread.
bearister
Big C said:

I thought it was a thread about what Mrs. Baer found on Larry's cell phone.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
HoopDreams
Franks shot well, passed well, rebounded well and appears athletic

But his post defense was bad

ducky23
HoopDreams said:

Yeah he needs work with his defense. But I'm willing to give him a pass for yesterday since he was limping the entire 2h and he played the entire 40 mins.

Anyone who can play all 40 mins on one leg is a beast.
Big C
bearister said:

Big C said:

LOL. You never want to see something like that... and Larry Baer is one of the good guys, in general, but he didn't exactly major in Humility at Cal (we were there at the same time... met him once). And the forty years since have only inflated his ego even more... until the other day.
Alkiadt
Big C said:

bearister said:

Big C said:

LOL. You never want to see something like that... and Larry Baer is a good guy, in general, but he didn't exactly major in Humility at Cal (we were there at the same time... met him once). And the forty years since have only inflated his ego even more... until the other day.

Agree. He has always been a little full of himself.

He's in some serious damage control now.
Cal8285
ducky23 said:

HoopDreams said:

Yeah he needs work with his defense. But I'm willing to give him a pass for yesterday since he was limping the entire 2h and he played the entire 40 mins.

Anyone who can play all 40 mins on one leg is a beast.
Franks seemed OK at the outset, scored 12 of the first 20 points for the Cougs, and looked like he had all the confidence in the world. Although we were up 9 after he got his 12th point, I was worried. Somewhere in there, he hit a 3 pointer from Alameda. Darius couldn't believe Franks took it, and sort of stood there after it went in looking like, "There's no reason in hell to defend a guy that far out, at least I got a hand up, and he hits the damn thing? ***!"

Then Franks started missing, and by the second half, as he was limping, had clearly lost his confidence in his shot. He had a wide open shot right at the 3 point line from the left elbow that he didn't take, after making a shot from the same place in the first half, except 10 feet further back and the other end of the court. He went over 21 minutes without scoring, during which time he went 0-7. Over the last 27 1/2 minutes, his only score was one 3 pointer with 5:31 left, until he got the fast break meaningless 3 with 12 seconds left after the JHD steal and dunk when the Bears were discombobulated on defense.

Franks being an effective scorer for only 12 1/2 minutes definitely helped yesterday, and his physical condition had to be a factor in that. Still, he passed and rebounded well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.