What is our current starting line-up?

17,598 Views | 139 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by tsubamoto2001
UCBerkGrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assuming all of the players who have announced intentions to transfer do not return, what is our most likely starting 5 and first 3-4 players off the bench?
Ccajon2
Pg-Austin, SG-Bradley,Sf-Gordon, F-Kelly, F-Thorpe, Bench-Ant, Brown,Dyson,Erving.

Ccajon2
Pg-Austin, SG-Bradley,Sf-Gordon, F-Kelly, F-Thorpe, Bench-Ant, Smith, Brown, Erving, & recruit/ transfers TBD

stu
Best case:
PG: Austin, Brown
SG: Bradley, Smith
SF: Gordon
PF: Anticevich, Kelly
C: Thorpe

Worst Case:
PG: Marty Wilson
SG: Mark Fox
SF: Chris Harriman
PF: Trent Johnson
C: Wendale Farrow
Econ141
stu said:

Best case:

Worst Case:

Don't forget me, fat_slice ... I can play all 5 positions but not very good at any of them. Also injury prone.
Give to Cal Legends!

https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
stu
fat_slice said:

Don't forget me, fat_slice ... I can play all 5 positions but not very good at any of them. Also injury prone.
Then fat_slice for coach and trainer.
blungld
Is there any officially stated NCAA law prohibiting the women's team from playing both the men's and women's games?
KoreAmBear
stu said:

Best case:

Worst Case:
On the latter case, with Knowlton coaching.
calbearinamaze
At this point, I'd be quite comfortable with:

Matt Bradley going 1 on 5.
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
BearGreg
Staff
C - Vanover
PF - Kelly
SF - Sueing
SG - Bradley
PG - Austin
wifeisafurd
blungld said:

Is there any officially stated NCAA law prohibiting the women's team from playing both the men's and women's games?
IF KA wasn't graduating, I would start her at men's over forward. Rebound machine.
parentswerebears
You think Vanover stays?

Also, saw Cal is in the mix for Max Hazzard. That would be a solid transfer pick up.
Gkhoury2325
parentswerebears said:

You think Vanover stays?

Also, saw Cal is in the mix for Max Hazzard. That would be a solid transfer pick up.

Max Hazzard would be a welcome addition. Shoots very well with a quick trigger. We need shooters. Plays with a lot of energy.
KenBurnski
Is Sueing leaning toward returning?
calgo430
smith is supposed to be a good shooter. if max hazzard comes thats another pretty good shooter. i consider bradley a good shooter. if that happens will renew my season tix. have had them for 50 plus years so why stop now.
bearchamp
Suing's list of possibles consists of places he can't play, and places he shouldn't want to play and go to school. His best option may well be to come back. None of the players in the portal have distinguished themselves with their play to date. Why would a good program take on a project with limited eligibility and baggage of unhappiness? See, Charlie Moore, Gary Franklin....
KoreAmBear
Gkhoury2325 said:

parentswerebears said:

You think Vanover stays?

Max Hazzard would be a welcome addition. Shoots very well with a quick trigger. We need shooters. Plays with a lot of energy.
Hazzard has teams like Arizona in the mix, but you would think UC to UC would be a good fit.
Gkhoury2325
KoreAmBear said:

Gkhoury2325 said:

parentswerebears said:

You think Vanover stays?

Hazzard has teams like Arizona in the mix, but you would think UC to UC would be a good fit.

Can't catch a break. Need some transfer talent. With Arizona In the mix that's a difficult pull. I heard his brother is a walk-on at Arizona too. Too bad for us!
KoreAmBear
Gkhoury2325 said:

KoreAmBear said:

Gkhoury2325 said:

parentswerebears said:

You think Vanover stays?

Can't catch a break. Need some transfer talent. With Arizona In the mix that's a difficult pull. I heard his brother is a walk-on at Arizona too. Too bad for us!
Arizona is in shambles though. Not that we're not.
Intuit
Who is going to coach Arizona next season?
Harborview
parentswerebears
We are actually named though, and we weren't before.
tsubamoto2001
Not sure Arizona is in shambles quite yet. They somehow were able to get the #1 recruiting class in the nation for next season even with the FBI stuff lingering over the program. Their incoming PG, Nico Mannion, will be the best PG and one of the best players in the conference from Day 1.

KoreAmBear said:

Gkhoury2325 said:

KoreAmBear said:

Gkhoury2325 said:

parentswerebears said:

You think Vanover stays?

helltopay1
AD Knowlton has just announced that he will not be appearing in public for thge next 20 years.
bearister
I pine for the old days when it actually took thought and knowledge and a few hours to answer the OP's question.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
stu
bearister said:

I pine for the old days when it actually took thought and knowledge and a few hours to answer the OP's question.
Even the old days when we actually had enough players to elicit a variety of answers.
Ccajon2
BearGreg said:

C - Vanover
PF - Kelly
SF - Sueing
SG - Bradley
PG - Austin

Sure be nice if BG knows something I don't
I based my line-up on what I read in Verbalcommits.com, which doesn't have CV or JS on their depth chart.

KoreAmBear
tsubamoto2001 said:

Not sure Arizona is in shambles quite yet. They somehow were able to get the #1 recruiting class in the nation for next season even with the FBI stuff lingering over the program. Their incoming PG, Nico Mannion, will be the best PG and one of the best players in the conference from Day 1.

KoreAmBear said:

Gkhoury2325 said:

KoreAmBear said:

Gkhoury2325 said:

parentswerebears said:

You think Vanover stays?

Ah. Incredible how Sean Miller is the teflon man.
3146gabby
Any updates on 3 recruits and is there a date past which they can no longer get out of their commitment?
calbearinamaze
Ccajon2 said:

BearGreg said:

C - Vanover
PF - Kelly
SF - Sueing
SG - Bradley
PG - Austin

Sure be nice if BG knows something I don't
I based my line-up on what I read in Verbalcommits.com, which doesn't have CV or JS on their depth chart

I wish it weren't so, but Vanover and Sueing are both listed

http://verbalcommits.com/players/connor-vanover

http://verbalcommits.com/players/justice-sueing-jr

along with JHD, Davis and McNeill

stu
BEARUPINDC said:

I wish it weren't so, but Vanover and Sueing are both listed ... along with JHD, Davis and McNeill
What's listed (on what I think is a competing site) and what ends up happening aren't necessarily the same.
calbearinamaze
stu said:

BEARUPINDC said:

I wish it weren't so, but Vanover and Sueing are both listed ... along with JHD, Davis and McNeill
What's listed (on what I think is a competing site) and what ends up happening aren't necessarily the same.
Wanna bet? An online expert is laying odds on each CAL player transferring out or staying.
Right now, you can get Darius McNeill staying at 12 to 1.
The over/under is 4.5......for transfers.

Big C
BEARUPINDC said:

stu said:

BEARUPINDC said:

Wanna bet? An online expert is laying odds on each CAL player transferring out or staying.
Right now, you can get Darius McNeill staying at 12 to 1.
The over/under is 4.5......for transfers.

Lots of speculation that one or more of them might stay here, with Vanover being the leading candidate. Hope so!

Sueing less likely, but maybe when the dust settles and he looks at his other options, that Cal degree might look better and better to him. Really, he is tailor-made for Cal (and vice-versa).

Then again, maybe they all leave.
oskidunker
Nobody cares about the Cal degree. Isn"t it obvious. we try to sell it but all they care about is basketball.What a joke.
Go Bears!
Golden One
oskidunker said:

Nobody cares about the Cal degree. Isn"t it obvious. we try to sell it but all they care about is basketball.What a joke.
You got that right. It's about time that people on that board recognize that cold, hard fact. The 4 and 5 star athletes select a school based on its basketball attributes with absolutely zero consideration about the value of the degree. The same is probably true about most 3 star athletes. Our academic reputation means absolutely nothing to them, with very, very few exceptions .
oskidunker
But Cal makes sure every coach mentions it.
Go Bears!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.