Vanover

15,365 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFCityBear
SFCityBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cal83dls79 said:

are we really somehow relating vanover, to talented euros to wilt chamberlain?
With all due respect, the fault is yours, and I thank you. You took the thread off topic by responding to one of my posts with a tease about me writing a 5-word reply (on topic) instead of my usual dissertation. bearmanpg chimed in with another tease, and I responded with a post that mentioned Pete Newell (which is a cardinal sin for the anti Newell and anti Newell era Cal-fans on this board) and fundamentals in the same sentence, and that led to bearister's comment about Euros having better fundamentals than our home grown jocks, and I gave the thread the greatest athlete who ever played the game, Wilt Chamberlain, who also had the soundest of fundamentals, which enabled him to totally dominate a sport with great athletes.

Anyway, going off-topic is sometimes a good thing, because it can give us a chance be ourselves, and tell some good stories or jokes. Recruiting is almost done, and after that the off season can be pretty boring, as we all wait for Fall and football and basketball.
concordtom
SFCityBear said:

cal83dls79 said:

With all due respect, the fault is yours, and I thank you. You took the thread off topic by responding to one of my posts with a tease about me writing a 5-word reply (on topic) instead of my usual dissertation. bearmanpg chimed in with another tease, and I responded with a post that mentioned Pete Newell (which is a cardinal sin for the anti Newell and anti Newell era Cal-fans on this board) and fundamentals in the same sentence, and that led to bearister's comment about Euros having better fundamentals than our home grown jocks, and I gave the thread the greatest athlete who ever played the game, Wilt Chamberlain, who also had the soundest of fundamentals, which enabled him to totally dominate a sport with great athletes.

Anyway, going off-topic is sometimes a good thing, because it can give us a chance be ourselves, and tell some good stories or jokes. Recruiting is almost done, and after that the off season can be pretty boring, as we all wait for Fall and football and basketball.
Yeah, tell us again about the good old days when you used to steal sodas off the back of delivery trucks.

By the way, Vanover would totally stuff Wilt today.

Eastern Oregon Bear
concordtom said:

SFCityBear said:

cal83dls79 said:

Yeah, tell us again about the good old days when you used to steal sodas off the back of delivery trucks.

Well, of course he would. Wilt's been dead for almost 20 years.
calbearinamaze
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

concordtom said:

Well, of course he would. Wilt's been dead for almost 20 years.
Regardless of the context of CTs post...let's say attempted humor, for example....your retort
is (excuse the expression) drop-dead funny.
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
bearister
concordtom said:

...By the way, Vanover would totally stuff Wilt today.

Vanover may have hit a snag doing that. Although they let Roy Rogers do it to Trigger, Dale had a permit issue when it was Roy's turn.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
Vanover for President!
Or Governor of California.
Or Chancellor of University of California.

Here he is signing some legislation.

concordtom
bearister said:

concordtom said:

Vanover may have hit a snag doing that. Although they let Roy Rogers do it to Trigger, Dale had a permit issue when it was Roy's turn.

ATLANTA, Georgia
Mary Lambert, 34, has reportedly had her deceased husband's ***** 'stuffed' by a professional taxidermist after he passed away last week from colon cancer.
Lambert says that her husband, Mark, who died last Monday, suffered for over 3 years from the disease, and that he gave her permission before he died to have his ***** removed and taxidermied so that she could continue to enjoy it.
"My husband Mark and I were high school sweethearts, and neither of us was ever with anyone else sexually," said Lambert. "I told Mark that I never wanted to be with anyone else after he was gone, and he jokingly said maybe we should have his ***** stuffed for me for 'later use.' After he got sick, the discussion became less of a joke, and more of a research game, trying to find a taxidermist who would do it."

Lambert says that she was able to find a taxidermist in Texas who agreed to work with the *****, but because the law prohibits the taxidermy of humans, she has declined to say his or her name.
calbearinamaze
bearister said:

concordtom said:

Roy actually "dated" Linda (Deep Throat) Lovelace. Dale was slightly peeved. Trigger went wild
with jealousy .

KoreAmBear
By the way when will Connor know if he gets a waiver to play right away?
calbearinamaze
KoreAmBear said:

This is three+ weeks old. ..from an Arkansas board. I had to edit it to get by the censers.Pretty funny.

Quote:

bertwing

Any chance NCAA grants waiver for Vanover or is it just wishful thinking?
No f*****g way. We don't get breaks like that.

#13164 Gambler, May 15, 2019

GO BEARS!!!!
KoreAmBear
BEARUPINDC said:

KoreAmBear said:

This is three+ weeks old. ..from an Arkansas board. I had to edit it to get by the censers.Pretty funny.

Quote:

bertwing

GO BEARS!!!!
LOL sounds like us.

And he shouldn't get a waiver, unless they abolish the whole sitting a year to transfer thing. This was purely discretionary.
Big C
KoreAmBear said:

BEARUPINDC said:

KoreAmBear said:

Quote:

bertwing

GO BEARS!!!!
LOL sounds like us.

And he shouldn't get a waiver, unless they abolish the whole sitting a year to transfer thing. This was purely discretionary.
Well, you KNOW somebody in Vanover's family in Arkansas must have some kind of illness or infirmity and he's going to claim that that is why he wants to be closer to home. That's a no-brainer; even I would think to try that. The question is, how good a case will he be able to make? Grandpa is elderly and suffers from gout probably isn't enough.
bearister
concordtom said:

Whatever Ole Hanover there is signing I trust the validity of it about as much as those lads sitting on the ground trusted whatever the old guys in the white beards were signing.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
oski003
If that is a picture of Arkansas' head coaches, someone needs to talk to their athletic department about diversity. They should never post a picture like that! Also, where are the females?
SFCityBear
Big C said:

Wilt in his prime would for-sure average 30 in today's NBA, unless it was a year in which he wanted to lead the league in assists. Would also love to see Pete Maravich go for 35 ppg and 10 apg, as it would be more fun than watching Harden put up similar numbers.
I think Wilt would have 30 within 15 minutes of lacing up his sneakers in the locker room.
SFCityBear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.