Story Poster
Photo by KLC Photos
Cal Basketball

Stephen Domingo Signs with Orlando's NBA G-League Team

November 11, 2019

Stephen Domingo, who played at Cal two seasons (2015-2017) after transferring from Georgetown, is now on the active roster of the Lakeland Magic of the NBA G-League.

The 6-7 forward has averaged 8.5 points and 5 rebounds in the Magic’s first two games, which they split.

Dolmingo played in 31 games mostly off the bench as a senior at Cal, averaging 2.4 points and 2.1 rebounds. A two-time member of the conference All-Academic Team (once second team, once honorable mention), he signed with Donar of the Dutch Basketball League out of college.

In the FIBA Europe Cup, Domingo averaged 8.9 points 3.8 rebounds per game in 21.9 minutes , shooting 66.7 percent on field goals and 37.t percent on three-point field goals. 

Domingo sustained a knee injury in 2018 and returned to the U.S. for rehab. His making the G-League roster does come as something of a surprise.

Discussion from...

Stephen Domingo Signs with Orlando's NBA G-League Team

4,312 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HoopDreams
calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rooting for him! His success now is less surprising than his lack of success at Cal was.
oskidunker
Amazing!
Go Bears!
Big C
If you saw the title of this thread, with "Stephen Domingo" replaced by "_______ ________" and you tried to guess the name, how many guesses before you got it right?
LOUMFSG2
That's a good question. I think I would've used up quite a few suggestions before I got to Domingo.

I am really happy for him.
Big C
LOUMFSG2 said:

That's a good question. I think I would've used up quite a few suggestions before I got to Domingo.

I am really happy for him.
Yes, good for him! He transferred here, got into Haas, graduated and gave it his all on the court. He is set for a successful life and the farther he goes in basketball is just icing on the cake.
Pigskin Pete
Really?
HoopDreams
https://instagr.am/p/B48S7XVHm1m
HoopDreams
HoopDreams
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.