future

3,086 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFCityBear
helltopay1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Last night's game confirmed what is plain to see. If Cal has a chance, any chance, to succeed as a program under Fox, Bradley must stay. If he leaves, the program is toast. ( butter & jam optional) the end.
bearister
He is an elite PAC 12 player, but at his height, weight and style of play, I think we have him for a total of 4 years. Braun says he will play at the next level. If that is true, he still needs 4 years in the college game.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
helltopay1
DearBearister: Your faith that young Bradley will do what "he needs to do" is touching.
bearister
helltopay1 said:

DearBearister: Your faith that young Bradley will do what "he needs to do" is touching.

It is not so much what he needs to do as it is I just don't see enough NBA tire kickers to tempt him. I'm glad you don't limit your disagreement with me to just politics.
HoopDreams
Why talk about Matt transferring or anyone else in the middle of the season?

Let the team go through the season and be as successful as they can be. Let them learn, get better, grow

After the season ends they will make their decision. Right now I will continue to support them while they are here and assume they will stay their entire college career or until they graduate
bearister
Who said anything about transferring? If he was going to transfer, he would have jumped ship with the other participants in the 16 consecutive losses record. Bradley is on track to be one of the top scorers in Cal history and wants a degree from one of the finest educational institutions in the world. Transferring is for losers. Matt is a winner.

helltopay1
Dear Barrister: (if you are a lawyer) inside knowledge or wishful thinking??Wishful thinking & 2.95 won't get you a cup of java at thge local diner. I do hope you are right. As the lady said to Paul Newman, " I can't afford to invest in failure anymore." Smart woman..I will reevaluate my emotional connection after this season. I need to see who is leaving, and, who is remaining and who is entering. Once the smoke has cleared, my decision will be easy. Peace be with you.
Go!Bears
What would b the point of transferring? It would not speed his arrival in the League. He would have to sit his third year and hope his fourth makes a big enough impression to be drafted. If he has the ability and desire to leave, better to show it here and leave next year. I think he is a four year player. Transferring makes it five. Makes no sense.
UrsaMajor
My understanding is that MB is all in with the program. I expect transfers at the end of the year (as there always are, everywhere). Most logical would be Gordon, who has never fully recovered from the Achilles tear and who needs to drop down a level if he wants serious playing time and Klonaris, who appears lost at this level.
bearchamp
Isn't the suggestion that MB would go to the league a fantasy? I don't think he is even close.
calbearinamaze
helltopay1 said:

Dear Barrister: (if you are a lawyer) inside knowledge or wishful thinking??Wishful thinking & 2.95 won't get you a cup of java at thge local diner. I do hope you are right. As the lady said to Paul Newman, " I can't afford to invest in failure anymore." Smart woman..I will reevaluate my emotional connection after this season. I need to see who is leaving, and, who is remaining and who is entering. Once the smoke has cleared, my decision will be easy. Peace be with you.
"Looks like what we have here is a failure to communicate."
Big C
Go!Bears said:

What would b the point of transferring? It would not speed his arrival in the League. He would have to sit his third year and hope his fourth makes a big enough impression to be drafted. If he has the ability and desire to leave, better to show it here and leave next year. I think he is a four year player. Transferring makes it five. Makes no sense.
The point of him transferring (sorry, HoopDreams) would be if he really wants to win and doesn't see that happening here, or if he's decided he doesn't want to play for Fox. So far, I've seen no indication that that might be the case, but who knows?

I don't see Bradley as having the combination of length/explosion/quickness necessary to play in the NBA. That is not a knock on him; he is a good college player and will get even better, but it is what it is. As a Cal fan and a Bradley fan, I hope he is wildly successful here and then goes on to fulfill all of his lifetime dreams.
bearister
Big C said:

The point of him transferring (sorry, HoopDreams) would be if he really wants to win and doesn't see that happening here, or if he's decided he doesn't want to play for Fox. So far, I've seen no indication that that might be the case, but who knows? ....

" "I was real happy with my performance," Bradley said. "Coach got on me . . . I noticed I was getting a little too comfortable. He led me (to) be uncomfortable this week, and it showed. I felt really confident." David Bush, BearInsider
calbearinamaze
bearister said:

Big C said:

The point of him transferring (sorry, HoopDreams) would be if he really wants to win and doesn't see that happening here, or if he's decided he doesn't want to play for Fox. So far, I've seen no indication that that might be the case, but who knows? ....

" "I was real happy with my performance," Bradley said. "Coach got on me . . . I noticed I was getting a little too comfortable. He led me (to) be uncomfortable this week, and it showed. I felt really confident." David Bush, BearInsider
That was a really good interview. Of course, I don't know....but I believe Matt is all-in with CAL.
Big C

If he wasn't "all-in with CAL" three days ago, he might be now: Matt Bradley has been elected President of Haas Pavillion!
helltopay1
dear bear: No failure..everyone is quite clear No one is confused.
calbearinamaze
helltopay1 said:

dear bear: No failure..everyone is quite clear No one is confused.
HTP2,

You used a quote from a Newman film (I think that's from HUD, but I'm not sure). I responded with
the most applicable quote from another Newman film (Cool Hand Luke) that I could think of on short notice.

Absolutely, no confusion implied.

"I don't give a damn whether Big Daddy likes me, or don't likes me. Or did or never did. Or will or will never."

(Cat on a Hot Tin Roof)
socaltownie
What a great weekend! The talent challenges drive me to distraction but Fox is getting a lot of out of what we have. I actually like our small ball line up (Matt, Paris, and Brown on the floor at the same time) as we can attack a lot of teams off the bounce that way.
Take care of your Chicken
Go!Bears
Big C said:

Go!Bears said:

The point of him transferring (sorry, HoopDreams) would be if he really wants to win and doesn't see that happening here, or if he's decided he doesn't want to play for Fox. So far, I've seen no indication that that might be the case, but who knows?

I don't see Bradley as having the combination of length/explosion/quickness necessary to play in the NBA. That is not a knock on him; he is a good college player and will get even better, but it is what it is. As a Cal fan and a Bradley fan, I hope he is wildly successful here and then goes on to fulfill all of his lifetime dreams.
I agree. He reminds me a lot of Lampley. A great college player that just didn't fit in at the next level. I think it's is even more true in today's NBA. So, to leave he would have to hate Cal (or Fox) enough to be willing to throw away his degree, at a cost of an extra year. I just don't see it.
bearister
helltopay1 said:

Dear Barrister: (if you are a lawyer) ....

Two questions:

1. What charm school did you graduate from?
2. Is it still taking applications?
SFCityBear
socaltownie said:

What a great weekend! The talent challenges drive me to distraction but Fox is getting a lot of out of what we have. I actually like our small ball line up (Matt, Paris, and Brown on the floor at the same time) as we can attack a lot of teams off the bounce that way.
Keep the faith! A good coach does not need as much talent as many of his opposing coaches need. We beat WSU which has one player maybe better than anyone we have, and we beat UW with several players ranked a lot higher than our best player. And then there is Stanford, which has become a better team now since their best player, left for the NBA.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.