Did Bears Lair ever reopen?

2,911 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bearister
Richmondbear2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for a spot to watch the 49ers game before I go over to Haas.
Civil Bear
Football season ticket holders are hosting a get together at the alumni house. Maybe you could crash it.
Chabbear
I walked by it before the WSU game. It was empty with a letter on the door basically saying that they are looking at a new direction for the space. I don't know when the letter was posted or what new directions mean.
bearister
Chabbear said:

I walked by it before the WSU game. It was empty with a letter on the door basically saying that they are looking at a new direction for the space. I don't know when the letter was posted or what new directions mean.

New safe space for Alt Right speakers on campus.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Richmondbear2
Thanks
Bearprof
Down to the wire: 32 secs tie
Bearprof
OT: we have a lot of fouls on our bigs, which worries me; I thinkUW feeds Stewart over and over to take advantage
Bearprof
Up by 2 with 44 s to go,. I thought we were fouled on the rebound, but instead it's out of bounds, UW ball. Biting nails.
Bearprof
Wow maybe lucky, but I'll take it. Good win for the Bears!
Bearprof
Been posting on wrong thread...
NVBear78
Bearprof said:

Up by 2 with 44 s to go,. I thought we were fouled on the rebound, but instead it's out of bounds, UW ball. Biting nails.

Washington didn't get called for anything by the PAC-12 ref's down the stretch in OT so it's poetic justice that Bradley hit the banked three for the win.
OdontoBear66
bearister said:

Chabbear said:

So wait. As much as you may disagree with someone's opinion, you approve of that? Hardly believable.
bearister
OdontoBear66 said:

bearister said:

Chabbear said:

So wait. As much as you may disagree with someone's opinion, you approve of that? Hardly believable.

No more than I approve of this:

Nice twisted interpretation of my comment. Antifa and the Alt Right are different sides of the same coin. They are little more than social misfits and petty criminals. In a different age they would be manning pirate ships.
Is that Fair and Balanced enough for you?
BTW, I'm sure Richard Spencer is touched by your humanity.*

*The only scenarios that justify sucker punching are assisting the victim of a crime or if you are outnumbered and have limited options.
OdontoBear66
bearister said:

OdontoBear66 said:

bearister said:

Chabbear said:

Nice twisted interpretation of my comment. Antifa and the Alt Right are different sides of the same coin. They are little more than social misfits and petty criminals. In a different age they would be manning pirate ships.

*The only scenarios that justify sucker punching are assisting the victim of a crime or you are outnumbered and have limited options.

What did I twist? I was not comparing to NeoCon activity at all. I was isolating on the video you showed. The second one was equally repulsive.
NVBear78
bearister said:

OdontoBear66 said:

bearister said:

Chabbear said:

*The only scenarios that justify sucker punching are assisting the victim of a crime or you are outnumbered and have limited options.

Glad to learn you don't approve of Antifa. Seriousn Question- who do you define as the "Alt Right"?

As a self identified "conservative" person myself I loathe nazi's, anti-semetics, racists, etc. Howver I feel like the press and the left uses those labels for anyone conservative while excusing Antifa and those on the left who are intolerant of any opposing point of view.
bearister
NVBear78 said:

..Glad to learn you don't approve of Antifa. Seriousn Question- who do you define as the "Alt Right"?

As a self identified "conservative" person myself I loathe nazi's, anti-semetics, racists, etc. Howver I feel like the press and the left uses those labels for anyone conservative while excusing Antifa and those on the left who are intolerant of any opposing point of view.

I will go with Wikipedia's definition:
" The alt-right, an abbreviation of alternative right, is a loosely connected far-right, white nationalist movement that originated in the United States. A largely online phenomenon, the alt-right originated in the U.S. during the 2010s, although it has since established a presence in various other countries. The term is ill-defined, having been used in different ways by various self-described "alt-rightists", media commentators, and academics. Groups which have been identified as alt-right also espouse white supremacism, white separatism, severe immigration restrictions, and antisemitism."

I hear far fewer Democrats refer to Conservative Republicans as Alt Right than I hear the POTUS, Fox News opinion personalities, and Conservative Republicans (including many in the BI community that post on the Off Topic Board)*label everyone that is against trump as The Radical Left.
I personally am a moderate that supports Amy Klobuchar. Biden is too old and stupid and Bernie is too old and Left (and yes, like Michael Moore, I believe trump will win in 2020).

*Although a few of the boys on the Off Topic Board use a lot of words from the Alt Right Glossary. I believe a couple of them may currently be in timeouts.

Alt-right glossary - RationalWiki

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Alt-right_glossary
NVBear78
Thanks Bearister, the Alt Right are detestable.

p.s. I identify as a "conservative", not as a conservative republican. Neither party has much going for them these days in
My opinion..
BeachedBear
I consider myself less of a conservative and more of a preservative
stu
BeachedBear said:

I consider myself well preserved.
bearister
stu said:

BeachedBear said:

I consider myself well preserved.

...and I eat preserves.

bearister
These lads like preserves too, of the game variety.*

* He hugs his dog, wife and kids with same technique.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.