Arizona game thread

5,589 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TheFiatLux
BeachedBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C said:

ncbears said:

Big C said:

LMK5 said:

KoreAmBear said:

Big Dog said:

Ted Bear said:

HoopDreams said:

I enjoyed watching Paris dominate 5 star, projected first round Nico Mannon

Paris broke his ankles once, putting him on the deck, and did it again, putting him on skates, and basically threw him off balance over and over. not sure why Paris stopped attacking him at some point. At first I thought it was because AZ adjusted, but at least once Paris had basically an iso and chose to pass

but it was brilliant to see Paris outplay Nico
2-10 from the field with 2 assists. Thank you for your thoughts.

If I'm an opposing coach, I let Paris roam free all day. He had more TO's than made shots last night. He rarely finishes in the paint. Give him the matador defense and wave him by so he chucks up a shot off balance against a big. Just don't foul him and put him on the line.

Yah that is a good scout, unfortunately.

Also, can someone teach Lars a pump fake or move when he is 2 feet from the basket? It appears that going straight up usually winds up with one of the students on The Bench.
Lars = Herman Munster

Over the next 21 months, the Big German is going to morph from Munster to MONSTER!
The return of the immortal Hartmut Ortmann!
There's a blast from the past. For you younger Bears, Hart was a 6-8, 230 PF from Germany in the (?) late 80s. He was "wooden", sort of in the style of a DJ Thorpe. IIRC, he started having a much-improved senior season, before getting injured.
He was also a pretty good passer with a decent shooting touch. Moreover, he had a lot of 'personality' in Harmon and would engage the crowd and became a bit of a fan favorite off the bench.
bearister
Hartmut Ortmann Wikipedia

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartmut_Ortmann
https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartmut_Ortmann

HARTMUT ORTMANN: A 6-8 forward from Bremerhaven, Germany, Ortmann sat out the 1985-86 season after transferring from Wake Forest. After his Cal career, he returned to Germany and played 10 pro seasons.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
TheFiatLux
Big C said:

TheFiatLux said:

Big C said:

ncbears said:

Big C said:

LMK5 said:

KoreAmBear said:

Big Dog said:

Ted Bear said:

HoopDreams said:

Paris broke his ankles once, putting him on the deck, and did it again, putting him on skates, and basically threw him off balance over and over. not sure why Paris stopped attacking him at some point. At first I thought it was because AZ adjusted, but at least once Paris had basically an iso and chose to pass

If I'm an opposing coach, I let Paris roam free all day. He had more TO's than made shots last night. He rarely finishes in the paint. Give him the matador defense and wave him by so he chucks up a shot off balance against a big. Just don't foul him and put him on the line.

Also, can someone teach Lars a pump fake or move when he is 2 feet from the basket? It appears that going straight up usually winds up with one of the students on The Bench.
Lars = Herman Munster

Over the next 21 months, the Big German is going to morph from Munster to MONSTER!
There's a blast from the past. For you younger Bears, Hart was a 6-8, 230 PF from Germany in the (?) late 80s. He was "wooden", sort of in the style of a DJ Thorpe. IIRC, he started having a much-improved senior season, before getting injured.

He was also my apartmentmate.
Do you and Hart keep in touch? What's he up to these days?

I have not seen Hart in years. He was a pretty good dude. The thing I was most impressed with is he bought a broken down BMW motorcycle and completely rapaired it, reading manuals, ordering parts - this of course all before the Internet... We shared a two bedroom apartment on Ellworth that was the definition of slum living. This was Spring 89- Summer 90... If memory servce me correctly we paid something like $237 each. The landlord was JB Reddy who owned the Indian restaurant on Shattuck and I think Haste, but become more notorious for being the ring leader of a sex trafficing ring....
bearister
TheFiatLux said:

Big C said:

TheFiatLux said:

Big C said:

ncbears said:

Big C said:

LMK5 said:

KoreAmBear said:

Big Dog said:

Ted Bear said:

HoopDreams said:

Lars = Herman Munster

I have not seen Hart in years. He was a pretty good dude. The thing I was most impressed with is he bought a broken down BMW motorcycle and completely rapaired it, reading manuals, ordering parts - this of course all before the Internet... We shared a two bedroom apartment on Ellworth that was the definition of slum living. This was Spring 89- Summer 90... If memory servce me correctly we paid something like $237 each. The landlord was JB Reddy who owned the Indian restaurant on Shattuck and I think Haste, but become more notorious for being the ring leader of a sex trafficing ring....

Lakireddy Bali Reddy - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakireddy_Bali_Reddy
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakireddy_Bali_Reddy

Maybe we can nominate Reddy for that "alternate" Medal of Freedom.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
TheFiatLux
bearister said:

TheFiatLux said:

Big C said:

TheFiatLux said:

Big C said:

ncbears said:

Big C said:

LMK5 said:

KoreAmBear said:

Big Dog said:

Ted Bear said:

HoopDreams said:

Lars = Herman Munster

Lakireddy Bali Reddy - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakireddy_Bali_Reddy
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakireddy_Bali_Reddy

Maybe we can nominate Reddy for that "alternate" Medal of Freedom.

Few things shock me anymore, but i am SHOCKED he still lives here AND he still owns those properties.

What a disgusting human being.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.