Mahaney&lewis

5,400 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Intuit
helltopay1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If Fox can grab both of these dudes, we will be OK. Even one would be cause for celebrating. Whiffing on both will be the handwriting on the wall...
JB was a Chieftain
Be on the look out for a top recruit coming out of the west in 2034! Will be staring for Dublin High
Intuit
2034?
59bear
Intuit said:

2034?
Sounds like someone's 4 year old is getting a basketball for Christmas!
Big C
59bear said:

Intuit said:

2034?
Sounds like someone's 4 year old is getting a basketball for Christmas!
And he's tall for his age!
JB was a Chieftain
Haha exactly! Also has good family genes. His grandpas cousin is in the Basketball HOF
Big C
JB was a Chieftain said:

Haha exactly! Also has good family genes. His grandpas cousin is in the Basketball HOF

Enjoy. My son's "problem" is that he got my genes. Likes to play sports, but only average (at best) talent. Oh well, his dad got into Cal, so...
concordtom
My kid's problem is that she's a girl. All 5 of them!
BI is the closest I get to guy's night out!

(I jest - they are great girls! And soccer has been our game.)

Good luck with 2034 @ Dublin. I'll be rooting for him!
JB was a Chieftain
His little sister definitely has the attitude to be a scrappy center for Dublin in 2035!
stu
concordtom said:

My kid's problem is that she's a girl. All 5 of them!
BI is the closest I get to guy's night out!
Do you take them to Cal women's games (when we're not in a pandemic)?
bearmanpg
I ran across this article on Mahaney.....sounds like we're in the running.....

https://www.zagsblog.com/2021/01/08/class-of-2022-point-guard-aidan-mahaney-talks-programs-in-the-mix/
KoreAmBear
bearmanpg said:

https://www.zagsblog.com/2021/01/08/class-of-2022-point-guard-aidan-mahaney-talks-programs-in-the-mix/
Promising. Must get.
bearmanpg
I still think we should be after Mor Seck HARD.....He is a game changing big on both ends of the floor....
SFCityBear
bearmanpg said:

Who was Cal's last Irish player? Bob Matheny? If Mahaney is half as good as Matheny, he'll be a good player for Cal. Matheny was an All-American.
SFCityBear
Intuit
bearmanpg said:

I still think we should be after Mor Seck HARD.....He is a game changing big on both ends of the floor....
Sign Aiden Maheny and Mor Seck in 2022 and then sign Jaylin Lewis in 2023 and California will be back, very competitive in the top echelon of college basketball competition.

Just hope the subjects of this post agree and desire to tread up this path
Oakbear
JB was a Chieftain said:

Be on the look out for a top recruit coming out of the west in 2034! Will be staring for Dublin High
well if he is staring, then will have to be on the sidelines LOL

I think all of us have had the dream of siring a player that we could root for at Cal ..
HoopDreams
sounds like he liked St Mary's, or perhaps he just talks about them first and is more familiar to them since it's literally in his home town

one of the big recruiting disappointments was Ford going to St Marys when he would have immediately signed with Cal if we offered
Gobears49
I read Stanford is now in the mix. I think his mother went to Stanford.

I love the way Mahaney has that Pistol Pete flair. Really fun to watch and cab di ut all. Would love to watch him at Cal.
calumnus
SFCityBear said:

bearmanpg said:

Who was Cal's last Irish player? Bob Matheny? If Mahaney is half as good as Matheny, he'll be a good player for Cal. Matheny was an All-American.

Andre Kelly?
Our next Irish player is definitely Sam Alajiki
helltopay1
Matheny, Ward Healy, and Mike o'Neal were all roughly the same age. They all hung out at Pacific Heights schoolyard at Jackson & Fillmore in SF. All went to Lowell. Healy was the best shooter I ever saw. They all died around the age of 50. ( The good die young). All three were rabble-rousers in addition to being great players.
SFCityBear
calumnus said:

SFCityBear said:

bearmanpg said:

Andre Kelly?
Our next Irish player is definitely Sam Alajiki
Well done.
SFCityBear
bearmanpg
bearmanpg said:

Once again I'm going to harp on this.....Mor Seck now has 5 offers, Kansas, Oklahoma St., UCSB, USF and Loyola Marymount.....I know this list is not overwhelming but if the list was 20 top P5 schools what chance would we have of landing him? This kid is the type of kid Cal needs to recruit and recruit hard...He goes to school within easy driving distance...Cal should have someone in their gym every day until he signs....No excuses!
Richmondbear2
Sek is a project. Long way from being a meaningful contributor.
stu
Is Seck more of a project then Thiemann? Or Kuany? How about upside?
bearmanpg
Richmondbear2 said:

Sek is a project. Long way from being a meaningful contributor.
I respectfully disagree.....Sek would contribute immediately to this team....He runs the floor better than any big we have, defends the rim better than any big we have, shoots better than all but Kelly and he has a huge upside where none of our bigs are going to get much better than they are right now.....Kansas isn't recruiting projects, believe me.....I have seen Sek in person, in a real game against two 7' high schooler who went D1 (Francesco Borra at Davis and Hugo Clarkin at SJSU) when he was only a sophmore while they were seniors and he definitely held his own...in fact he schooled them....Have you seen Sek play?

HoopDreams
Sek reminds me of a more athletic King
NVBear78
Holy smokes we need more length! Is this guy a good student???
bearmanpg
NVBear78 said:

Holy smokes we need more length! Is this guy a good student???
I don't have any info on his grades....I think he has reclassified to the class of 2021 if that shows his academic ability.....this may be a problem that I don't know about but as a player, he can play for Cal....
bearmanpg
HoopDreams said:

Sek reminds me of a more athletic King
He is MUCH more athletic than Kingsley....Right now he isn't as good on the defensive end but I believe he will end up better than Kingsley with some coaching.....I've played or watched basketball for 60 years and this kid is the most athletic 7', 16 year old that I've seen.....
Intuit
Has the California coaching staff contacted Mor Seck? I certainly hope they are making a thorough effort to Recruit, Sign and Develop this big man.

If Cal signed Mor Seck It would contribute in their pursuit of the Bishop O'Dowd 6'8 5 star, Jalen Lewis.

With the 7' + Mor Seck on board Lewis could play his future Pro position immediately. Lewis would appreciate this opportunity to show his NBA Powerr Forward potential immediately from the get go.
Harborview
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.