wbb pre-season schedule out at calbears

1,389 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wvitbear
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
letter and verse..
https://calbears.com/news/2021/8/12/cal-womens-basketball-non-conference-schedule-released.aspx
The Cal women's basketball team will play an 11-game non-conference schedule this season, one that includes eight games at home in Haas Pavilion, a contest at Chase Center in San Francisco and a visit into SEC country for a match-up vs. Arkansas.

After hosting a pair of exhibition games, the Golden Bears will tip off the regular season in Berkeley vs. Sacramento State on Tuesday, Nov. 9. This will mark the first game between the schools since the 2016-17 season, with Cal having won the last five meetings.

The Bears then head across the Bay Bridge to play San Francisco at Chase Center, home of the Golden State Warriors, on Saturday, Nov. 13. The Dons, who reached the second round of the WNIT last year, will be the first of four non-conference opponents that played in the 2021 postseason.

After a home contest against Utah State (Nov. 16) and a visit to UC San Diego (Nov. 20), the Bears will entertain three schools for the Cal Classic on Thanksgiving weekend in Haas Pavilion. The first day on Friday, Nov. 26 features Cal vs. Furman and Ole Miss against San Diego State. The championship and consolation games will follow on Saturday, Nov. 27. Ole Miss finished 15-12 in 2020-21 and advanced to the WNIT championship game before falling to Rice.

The Bears host their annual School Haas Rock game on Thursday, Dec. 2 when Fresno State visits Berkeley, before Cal travels to Arkansas on Sunday, Dec. 5. The Bears upset the 20th-ranked Razorbacks, 84-80, when the teams met two years ago in Haas, marking Cal head coach Charmin Smith's first win over a ranked opponent. This time, Cal will be facing an Arkansas squad that was 19-9 a year ago and earned an NCAA Tournament bid.

The Bears close out their non-conference slate with three home contests against McNeese State (Dec. 11), Cal Poly (Dec. 18) and Saint Mary's (Dec. 21).

Cal's Pac-12 schedule will be announced at a later date.

ps: we haven't yet received a season renewal invitation (mens neither).
SFCALBear72
I like this non-conference schedule.

Unfortunately, the USF game at Chase Center is the same day as the football game vs. $C. I'm hoping the football game will be in the afternoon and the WBB game at night...doubleheader!!

Your WBB season tickets carried over from last season. I received an email in July confirming that and that no further action was needed.

MBB renewal ended last Friday. I didn't renew and got countless emails and phone calls from my Gold Standard rep trying to convince me to renew.

Check your emails.
calbear80
Wow, that a soft soft non-conference schedule. Only one out first 13 opponents is a P-5 team. We should easily be able to start the season at 12-1.
wvitbear
We will likey play Mississippi too. Rrex
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.