Cal offers 2025 point guard

1,954 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ClayK
wvitbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ava Rollins out of Folsom High school.
Intuit
AvA Rawlins

Ava Rawlins | Prospects Nation
Harborview
Intuit
Scouting Report

"It's been a couple years since we got on the court with Rawlins and not only has she grown physically, now at 5-10, but her game has grown too. She's a smooth operator with the ball in her hands. Her length also allows her to shoot over defenders on the perimeter and extend past defenders on the drive. Her mastery on offense at her age level has offers coming in from Division I schools already.
2019 Check Me Out Showcase (NorCal) - Ava Rawlins
Strengths
Needs Improvement
Rawlins showed promise in camp as a very good decision maker. She handles the ball with confidence in traffic and manages to keep her head up even when the defense is pressuring her. On the defensive side of the ball, Rawlins also provided terrific helpside in a timely fashion. She anticipated the rotation and got to the proper spots. When defending the basketball she was active and pressured the ball handler into mistakes. Coming out of this camp, the areas that Rawlins should look to improve are in her stance and willingness to talk the game. These are two small areas that could pay big dividends in her production."
Harborview
wvitbear
I wonder if Folsom is playing in the Jamboree?
3Cats4CAL
I am guessing we were not recommended by Forbes.
wvitbear
I'm not sure Forbes has a lot against us. She didn't transfer to a basketball power. She was looking for a good academic school. I think she realized she would never be a star in the Pac 12. And where is her brother going to school. At one time he was interested in Harvard.
ClayK
I talked to a college coach at our open gym last night -- he says Ava is the real deal, and will be hotly recruited. He had seen her the night before ...
wvitbear
Clay, is Folsom playing at the Jamboree. And how about Heritage?
ClayK
Both are likely in. We are around 95 teams right now. Heritage will play at Heritage, and Folsom likely would play there or at Las Positas.
wvitbear
What are the dates again?
ClayK
Dec. 28-30. Glad to get it going again ...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.