OT-UC Davis upset Oregon in Eugene! (link)

16 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by calbear80
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://goducks.com/sports/womens-basketball/stats/2021-22/uc-davis/boxscore/21134

Marley Langi (Mitty) & Bria Shine are freshmen
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Women's Basketball vs Oregon State on 12/1/2021 - Box Score - University of the Pacific (pacifictigers.com)

Oregon State squeaks out home win against Pacific Tigers, 76-72. Tiger freshman guard, James, goes off for 31 points in Corvallis. Wow.

Several of these "upper division" Pac 12 teams appear to be *beatable* this season. GO BEARS!
GATC
Schroeder71 said:

https://goducks.com/sports/womens-basketball/stats/2021-22/uc-davis/boxscore/21134

Thanks. Believe it or not UC Davis is 130, Oregon 148 in the real-time RPI so not a surprise.
GATC
Schroeder71 said:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Women's Basketball vs Oregon State on 12/1/2021 - Box Score - University of the Pacific (pacifictigers.com)

Oregon State squeaks out home win against Pacific Tigers, 76-72. Tiger freshman guard, James, goes off for 31 points in Corvallis. Wow.

Several of these "upper division" Pac 12 teams appear to be *beatable* this season. GO BEARS!

Really shockingly bad performance by Oregon State. They are 63 and Pacific 352 and 1-5, one if the worst teams in the country. The upper division teams have not lived up to their rankings with Stanford, UCLA, Oregon, Oregon State looking vulnerable. Arizona is 7-0 with a 2 point win over a good Louisville team and a 2 point win over a weak Vanderbilt team. How we play against Louisville will give us a good indicator how much we improved. But the key will be how we can play against a tall team that shuts down Evelien, Jayden and Dalayah.
SBGold
Way to hunt Aggies!
Ashfield63
Cal is not playing Louisville......They are playing at Arkansas right?
GATC
Ashfield63 said:

Cal is not playing Louisville......They are playing at Arkansas right?

You're right. How could I forget after the great win two years ago here. RPI 28 for Arkansas vs 24 for Louisville so it will be a comparable test.
wvitbear
Arkansas is a very good team. Neighbors transferred from Washington to there.
WC Bear
Oregon was missing two of their big guns, Te-Hina Paopao and Nyara Sabally. Still, they should have won given their roster. Prince has not really impressed me so far.

Oregon State in my mind, is always boring and unspectacular but they seem to get the job done.
Bballfan11
That win over Arkansas is one of the best college basketball games I've ever watched. So impressed with the Cal team that day. This years Arkansas team is struggling.
GATC
Bballfan11 said:

That win over Arkansas is one of the best college basketball games I've ever watched. So impressed with the Cal team that day. This years Arkansas team is struggling.

That was a great game. I was sitting right behind the team and Neighbors came by to greet Charmin and he looked confident. They started off quickly and Charmin jumped up and told Evelien to get ready to go in. Styles was pulled after two minutes. Brown, West and the four freshmen really played hard. Cailyn was clutch.

Arkansas is projected to beat us 80-65 and projected to finish 7th in the country. They did lose away games to UConn and UCF, two pretty tough teams. Hopefully we match up better than we did against Ole Miss.
SFCALBear72
GATC said:

Bballfan11 said:

That was a great game. I was sitting right behind the team and Neighbors came by to greet Charmin and he looked confident. They started off quickly and Charmin jumped up and told Evelien to get ready to go in. Styles was pulled after two minutes. Brown, West and the four freshmen really played hard. Cailyn was clutch.

Arkansas is projected to beat us 80-65 and projected to finish 7th in the country. They did lose away games to UConn and UCF, two pretty tough teams. Hopefully we match up better than we did against Ole Miss.

"projected to finish 7th in the country"?
I think you meant to say "7th in the SEC". Right behind Ole Miss.
GATC
SFCALBear72 said:

GATC said:

Bballfan11 said:

"projected to finish 7th in the country"?
I think you meant to say "7th in the SEC". Right behind Ole Miss.

Actually today they are projected to finish #6 in the country and beat us 79-66 tomorrow. They are only projected to lose 5 more games this season including #1, #2, #7 in the country. RPI early in the season can look pretty far off (we were projected to beat Ole Miss) but it is interesting. It is showing that the Pac-12 is not the dominant conference everyone thought it would be because it is using real results. It also contradicts what a lot of people believe that the top five PAC-12 teams are super teams. They don't believe there is as much difference between #2 to #12 as some believe.
GATC
Watching #17 Utah against #21 BYU. BYU up by 16 going into the 4th quarter. BYU has a RPI of 57 and Utah 61. Utah gets within 3 and loses by 5. Utah can shoot.
ncbears
Meanwhile Davis got smoked by WSU.
GATC
ncbears said:

Meanwhile Davis got smoked by WSU.
. Which was also predicted by real-time RPI. Sadly I was hoping that the prediction for our game of losing by 15 would be way wrong, but we lost by 17. When we were up by 9 early in the game I was sure the prediction was wrong. I didn't expect the refs would give them 32 FT and hit us with 3 technicals.
Schroeder71
Women's Basketball vs USC on 12/5/2021 - Box Score - University of San Francisco Athletics (usfdons.com)

USF defeats USC in lala land. SC is missing PF Pili again.
GATC
Schroeder71 said:

Women's Basketball vs USC on 12/5/2021 - Box Score - University of San Francisco Athletics (usfdons.com)

USF defeats USC in lala land. SC is missing PF Pili again.

We beat USF by 29 points. WSU beats USF by 14 points. USC loses to USF by 15 points. Hope we can get to the conference games in good health.
WC Bear
Just confirms my belief that Gottlieb is a mediocre coach at best. Glad we now have Charmin.
calbear80
1. I am glad that Oregon and U$C are eating humble pie. Nice to see Oregon Football lost to Utah twice and Oregon WBB lost to UC Davis. Even nicer to see that U$C football lost to Cal and U$C WBB lost to USF.
2. Maybe PAC-12, other than Stanfraud, UCLA and UofA, after all.

Go Bears!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.