USC Jordyn Jenkins transferring

6,037 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by HoopDreams
LegoBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not good news for LG, most improved player and I think their top scorer? We were one of her finalists but don't think we have room for her?

Ashfield63
LegoBear said:

Not good news for LG, most improved player and I think their top scorer? We were one of her finalists but don't think we have room for her?

It would not surprise me if she went home to play for Washington. Their post Nancy Mulkey is a senior.
Baygbear
And Angel Jackson transfers to Jackson State.
stu
Mississippi Clarion Ledger story
WC Bear
Evidently, Alissa Pili is also in the transfer portal as per Women of Troy Hoops.

stu
Do these transfers indicate USC is planning to replace LG with Mark Fox?
Oakbear
stu said:

Do these transfers indicate USC is planning to replace LG with Mark Fox?
no, they don't want to trade down
Baygbear
Wow I never imagined Pili every transferring. Doesn't her brother play on the football team so that is why she chose SC?
Schroeder71
Pili was Pac 12 Freshman of the Year two seasons ago. One could make the case that these two transfers are the Trojans top two players. Jenkins (#32) scored 26 points against Cal and Pili was tied for 2nd w/ 10.
Women's Basketball vs USC on 2/4/2022 - Box Score - California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)
annarborbear
Looking back, it is possible that Charmin was the glue that held together LG's rosters here at Cal, and now she doesn't have that at USC.
SFCALBear72
annarborbear said:

Looking back, it is possible that Charmin was the glue that held together LG's rosters here at Cal, and now she doesn't have that at USC.
I'd also add Kai Felton.
puget sound cal fan
Charmin was LG's principal recruiter, who established relationships with players and counseled them throughout their Bear careers.
UrsineMaximus
Damn too bad we don't have 1 or 2 schollies available.
wbbilluminati
Maybe those Cavinder twins transfer to USC?
Ashfield63
wbbilluminati said:

Maybe those Cavinder twins transfer to USC?

I was thinking the same thing.......they are popular on social media and making money!
The lure of Southern Calif.....They are excellent college players, and have inviting personalities.
SFCALBear72
LegoBear said:

Keep in mind that Paul Reed, our new coach and recruiting coordinator, held those same positions at UW when the Huskies were recruiting Jordyn Jenkins. That could work in our favor.
LegoBear
We'll hopefully that is true with the loss of Dalayah.
LegoBear
Former Cal commit Lauren Fields also transferring.

Baygbear
LegoBear said:

I also saw this but didn't think anything of it because didn't she de-commit when Gottlieb stepped down and Smith was announced as the head coach?
SFCALBear72
Baygbear said:

LegoBear said:

I also saw this but didn't think anything of it because didn't she de-commit when Gottlieb stepped down and Smith was announced as the head coach?

Actually, I don't think she even waited until Coach Smith was announced. De-commitment happened pretty fast.

We need another Wing or Forward not another guard. Karisma Ortiz should be ready to play next season.
stu
Yeah, with Amaya coming and hopefully Alma and Karisma at full speed we'll have plenty of guards. I'd like to see another speedy forward like Michelle.
3Cats4CAL
Yes it's great to have alot of good guards but playing 3 or 4 shorter guards all at the same time is hard to compete against a whole team of bigs.
wbbilluminati
I don't see why Jenkins would transfer here, unless she just really liked us. We didn't sign her the first time, and I have a feeling we'd be competing with Louisville and UConn this time around after a dazzling sophomore season and with up to 3 years eligibility.
SFCALBear72
wbbilluminati said:

I don't see why Jenkins would transfer here, unless she just really liked us. We didn't sign her the first time, and I have a feeling we'd be competing with Louisville and UConn this time around after a dazzling sophomore season and with up to 3 years eligibility.
Good point

She did add quite a bit to her resume.
wbbilluminati
Maybe local product 6'1" Peanut Tuitele for her "COVID year"? A solid career at Colorado

HoopDreams
wbbilluminati said:

Maybe local product 6'1" Peanut Tuitele for her "COVID year"? A solid career at Colorado

maybe, but what's her game?

I don't think we want another undersized post if she doesn't have at least a mid-range shot (but a stretch 4 would be great)
mbBear
SFCALBear72 said:

LegoBear said:

Keep in mind that Paul Reed, our new coach and recruiting coordinator, held those same positions at UW when the Huskies were recruiting Jordyn Jenkins. That could work in our favor.
I guess the "half empty" version of that: she didn't like him enough to pick Washington back then, does she like him in general?
SFCALBear72
mbBear said:

SFCALBear72 said:

LegoBear said:

I guess the "half empty" version of that: she didn't like him enough to pick Washington back then, does she like him in general?
Maybe she just wanted to get away from home.
mbBear
SFCALBear72 said:

mbBear said:

SFCALBear72 said:

LegoBear said:

Maybe she just wanted to get away from home.
very fair!
SFCALBear72
As per Raoul, Jordyn Jenkins to UT San Antonio.
Hmmm. Didn't see that coming.

UTSA Coach Karen Aston was previously at UT Austin.
Baygbear
Kyra White also to UTSA
ClayK
Karen Aston is the coach there and she's a brilliant recruiter.
annarborbear
Baygbear said:

Kyra White also to UTSA
White is from Converse, Texas right outside of San Antonio, so that makes sense. Jenkins may have been influenced by her and introduced to Aston.
Ashfield63
annarborbear said:

Baygbear said:

Kyra White also to UTSA
White is from Converse, Texas right outside of San Antonio, so that makes sense. Jenkins may have been influenced by her and introduced to Aston.

As seen and said by Raoul(Twitter).......several transfers are returning to their home state to play. For example, Sydney Parrish, highly rated sophomore guard(Oregon) is transferring to Indiana. She was a McDonald All American 5 star recruit as one of the class of 2022 historic prospects for the Ducks. She was the highest rated of this class playing for Oregon per ESPNW.
3Cats4CAL
So do you think Daniels may transfer to a Washington School, Crocker to another school in CA, and Samb to a Texas school?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.