Cal adds Utah WBB transfer Kemery Martin

3,200 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Schroeder71
bearwbbfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cctx7mtp-Vt/?igshid=NjY2NjE5MzQ=
HoopDreams
6 foot guard entering as a senior I guess

maybe injured last year as she only played in 6 games, for about 10 minutes/game. The last game she played in was in Nov

In her soph year she played in 21 games averaging 27 minutes, averaging 11 points on 38% shooting, 33% from 3 and 58% from the line.

I guess she is the Crocker replacement, but will play a depth role
Intuit
Getting to Know U: Junior Kemery Martn - University of Utah Athletics (utahutes.com)

Five Star Prep - previously an integral, important, part of the Utah woman's team
stu
She received Pac-12 Honorable Mention honors for 2021-22. Her shooting improved greatly between her frosh and soph years, though her .586 FT% and 0.7 A/TO ratio concern me a little.

Local article
CalFanatic
Another great pickup! In just a few days we ended up far better than our lineup last season. I'll take it.
Baygbear
I am glad we got Martin to join the Cal family! I was hoping she would sign with the Bears out of high school but she chose the Utes over us.

SFCALBear72
HoopDreams said:

maybe injured last year as she only played in 6 games, for about 10 minutes/game. The last game she played in was in Nov

In her soph year she played in 21 games averaging 27 minutes, averaging 11 points on 38% shooting, 33% from 3 and 58% from the line.

I guess she is the Crocker replacement, but will play a depth role
Raoul lists her as a grad transfer.
stu
HoopDreams said:

AFAIK the 2020-21 COVID-19 year doesn't count and she'll probably get a 2021-22 redshirt season since her last game was Nov 28. So she's a senior academically but could have 3 years of eligibility remaining.
bearwbbfan
She was considered an elite shooter in HS. For whatever reason she was unable to find any serious traction at Utah. She's a smooth player with a great feel for the game. If those shooting percentages and A/TO improve, she'll be a steal for Cal.
wbbilluminati
What a pleasant surprise!

Of course she might have a long road back to the form she showed as a sophomore, but perhaps it gives her and us an opportunity to surprise those who may have forgot about how skilled she is.

HoopDreams
Intuit said:

Getting to Know U: Junior Kemery Martn - University of Utah Athletics (utahutes.com)

Five Star Prep - previously an integral, important, part of the Utah woman's team
daughter of a coach

from utah

wvitbear
Utah is stacked with young good guards. Playing time was going to be an issue.
Schroeder71
2020-2021 University of Utah Women's Basketball (PDF) - University of Utah Athletics (utahutes.com)

The two top scorers for the Utes for the 2020-21 season have both transferred! Kemery Martin hit 29 treys out of 88 attempts!

Kemery Martn - Women's Basketball - University of Utah Athletics (utahutes.com)

I remember that I liked both Maxwell & Martin. They played well vs Cal in Haas Pavillion (see box score below)
https://utahutes.com/sports/womens-basketball/stats/2020-21/california/boxscore/18522

Can you imagine the trio of Jayda Curry, Jazlen Green & Kemery Martin bombing away from the outside?
GO BEARS!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.