2022-23 basketball roster is up!

3,306 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Schroeder71
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://calbears.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster

I cannot get any photos of the sixteen players but the bios appear to be completed. I can see the coaching staff, however, as clear as day. I did receive a message that I have an add blocker on my site. It does not affect me with last year's roster. Please let me know if any of you can see pictures. The women's soccer team is in the same situation. GO BEARS!
stu
In previous years the pictures haven't been posted right away. Maybe not till fall, if my memory hasn't failed.
SFCALBear72
Yes, the roster has been up for a few weeks.

Player pics later on as Stu mentioned.
wvitbear
They got the walkon in Stevens.
OBear073akaSMFan
wvitbear said:

They got the walkon in Stevens.
Is she a walk-on? I thought walk-ons wouldn't be listed until the school started?
Schroeder71
Yes. She's the sixteenth player. I watched her play for Santa Cruz in the CCS playoffs and she's really athletic.
If she continues to develop, I would not be surprised if she earns PT and a scholarship. She has the potential to drain the three pointer, too. It might be tough this season with ten guards fighting for minutes but I would guess that by her third year, it will happen IF it's going to...Read her bio-her older sister attends UCLA. GO BEARS!
stu
Just guessing, but I assume players can be listed as soon as all their papetwork is complete.
wvitbear
Since we only have 15 scholarships available, someone has to be the walkon. And she has been mentioned before as a walkon.
annarborbear
Based on past history, Charmin plays a hard rotation of 7-8 players as the season progresses. Looking forward to the competition, and hope to see some real improvement from some on the previous roster as well as top performances from this year's transfers. Time to get out of the basement.
stu
This last season was the first where Charmin had any depth and 10 players got significant minutes. We might see that again as a way to keep players fresh and to get the best matchups.

We have a lot of big guards so I expect the most intense competition to be at the 2 and 3 spots. We have 3 guards at 6'0" and 3 more at 5'11". If any of them display interior or rebounding skills we could on occasion play 4 guards.
SFCALBear72
Cal WBB posted a video on Instagram yesterday showing Amaya Bonner and Bella Stevens moving into their dorm room.

Tagline: "Our Freshmen are officially on campus!"
stu
Are they taking summer classes? It's early June!
SFCALBear72
stu said:

Are they taking summer classes? It's early June!
Must be. And perhaps to help out with the summer camps.
Not sure. The only information in the post was that they are on campus.
WC Bear
I believe all incoming student/athletes are required to participate in "Summer Bridge."
CalFanatic
This team has unreal depth. The most depth i've seen in...well... as long as I can remember? I'm so ready for November.
HoopDreams
Tons of guard depth (amazing we had a couple years where we stated freshmen PGs, and had 3 guards total (counting walkons)

We do have some front court depth too. I expect Claudia will be a big help, and a heathy Sela would be a plus too, as we have been undersized, relying on playing tough and scrappy

Let's see how they do

CalFanatic said:

This team has unreal depth. The most depth i've seen in...well... as long as I can remember? I'm so ready for November.
stu
Pictures are now up (except Claudia): https://calbears.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster
HoopDreams
the freshies!

BearBint
Sweet baby Jesus, Leilani will be a senior! I do hope she'll find a good reason to stay an additional year.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
stu
Leilani and Evelien are two of my all-time Cal WBB favorites. When I talked with them at the banquet both said their 5th-year plans weren't settled.
Schroeder71
It appears that the two froshies are making friends fast! GO BEARS!
SFCALBear72
Schroeder71 said:

It appears that the two froshies are making friends fast! GO BEARS!
They're roommates!

Cal WBB showed their move-in experience on Instagram with parents, etc.
Schroeder71
SFCB72-thanks for sharing the info! I don't have an Instagram account. GO BEARS!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.