Loyola Marymount game prediction

902 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFCALBear72
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have not seen LMU play this season but I studied their stats this season and last. To be fair, they have played 3 of their 4 games on the road and lost all of them. Two Pac 12 NCAA Tournament teams dominated them. Washington State and Arizona throttled Loyola Marymount by 51 and 36 points, respectively. They also lost a heart-breaking OT game at Denver, 73-70. LMU emerged victorious in their home opener against Cal State San Marcos by 11 points.

I predict that Cal will be the stronger team in every facet of the game and blow out the LMU, 80-60. This opponent has the weakest stats of the early season. The Lions are a poor shooting team (38.9%) but are pitiful from three-point territory (20%). They only score 56 ppg and are being outscored by twenty per contest. Loyola Marymount lacks height, being outrebounded by 8 per game. (37.5 to 29.5). They also are not a good ball handling team, averaging approximately 10 assists and 16 turnovers per game. The Bears are stronger in all of these areas season-to-date. I also am anticipating that at least four Cal players are going to come out with "fire in their eyes" Friday evening. Several Bears are slumping and not showing what they can do so far in 2022. Jayda Curry has had three single digit outings in four games, and I expect her to breakout in front of her sister, Layla, and most likely, her family. Kemery Martin was scoreless vs St Mary's and needs to get it going if she wants to remain as a starter. I expect her to show emotion in Los Angeles, too. Michelle Onyiah has had one good game in four and needs to dominate the boards, block her 1st shot & stay on the floor without fouling. She also is from LA. Evelien Lutje Schipholt played miserably against St Mary's and was dominated by the Gael's C Ali Bamberger. She needs to display that she is a senior team leader.

Loyola has two double digit scorers in SF Alexis Mark (6-0 JR) and combo guard Ariel Johnson (5-9 GR TR), tallying 11.8 & 11.5 ppg, respectively. Their top rebounder is PF Amaya Oliver (6-2 JR TR) w/ 5.3 rpg. Center Khari Clark (6-2 SR) is more of an offensive threat (7 ppg) than a rebounder. The soph 5-5 PG, Sequoia Allmond, has been receiving the most minutes (28.3) there.

LMU will probably be ready to play at home and in their own tournament and will likely exhibit passion at the beginning... Ariel Johnson and Amaya Oliver are 2nd year transfers from Florida and USC. They hail from St Mary's HS in Stockton and will be up to face Cal, too. GO BEARS!
SFCALBear72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jayda's sister, Layla, is a freshman guard on the LMU basketball team.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.