Winning Basketball Coach, Mark Campbell

2,458 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by annarborbear
Ashfield63
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mark Campbell, HC for Sacramento State WBB Program, is probably well known to many of us. You can read his BIO on the Sacramento State WBB site.
He was an Assitant Coach at St. Mary's Moraga and Pepperdine Men's Basketball Programs. St. Mary's Men's Program has seen much success under HC Randy Bennett. They beat Gonzaga Saturday night in Moraga with a huge crowd! Granted, Gonzaga isn't number one in the country this season, but a great win for the Gaels.

Mark helped turn around the Oregon State WBB Program into a formidable opponent. He joined the coaching staff at Oregon, and we know what happened there! He was key in recruiting Sabrina Inescu, and her WNBA bound teammates. He is known as an excellent recruiter. During Oregon's run to the Final Four, Mark could be seen drawing up plays during timeouts. From what I can tell, his defensive coaching was instrumental in Oregon's most sucessful seasons. He recruited the number one recruiting class of 2020. Since he left Oregon, at least two of the top players have transferred back to their home state universities.

This is his second year at Sacramento State, turning it's WBB Program into a winner.!! They are 16-6 so far, and competitive in the Big Sky Conference. I am sure he would be a successful Power-5 HC. He probably will not be at Sac State very long! From what I know he has a great reputation as a person and coach. His coaching credentials will take him far.

I don't know if he prefers to coach a Women's team, but certainly could be a HC for a Men's Basketball Team as well.

Just thinking, A Winner In Our Midst!!!!!

wvitbear
He is an excellent coach. We won't get him .
wvitbear
They just won the conference title.
Ashfield63
The Big Sky Conference had a 3-Way Tie for First place(Conf. 13-5).....Sac St./Montana St. and Northern Arizona. The tournament begins on Saturday and Sac St. plays their first game on Monday, March 4th. Sac St. is seeded #3 and plays Idaho #6(9-9)......The seedings have something to do with Tie-Breakers. Their games will be broadcasted on ESPN Plus with the Championship Game on ESPNU on March 8th. The tournament is being held in Boise, Idaho.

Minyon Moore, Salesian H.S./Richmond, USC(graduated in 3 years), then was a starter for Oregon her 4th and final season. She is an assistant coach, and joined Mark Campbell when he left the Oregon coaching staff.. This is their second season. They finished this season with 6 wins in a row.

GO MONARCHS!!!!
Ashfield63
Sacramento State WBB won The Big Sky Tournament!

They are going to the NCAA Women's Tournament!

This is Mark Campbell's second year as HC.......All agree he is an excellent coach....

He also coached in men's programs, and helped make Oregon State and Oregon's women's teams into Winning Programs....

He is well respected in the coaching ranks and a fantastic Recruiter.....

Wake Up Cal!!!

Mike Montgomery wrote a recent article saying a coaching change for Cal's Men's Program would not make a difference due to Academic Requirements set by the University, plus NIL. I hope he is wrong, and Cal can have winning Basketball and Football programs. Of course, who knows what will become of the Pac-12......I haven't read any positive articles detailing its fate very recently, including this past week.

I welcome all comments and perspectives.........

stu
Good idea! I posted it on the men's forum.
stu
In the NCAA Tournament Sac State lost to UCLA 67-45. UCLA got 20 more shots from 15 more rebounds and 6 fewer turnovers.

Sac State has 4 players who average 30 minutes or more: a 5'6" guard, a 6'5" center, and two 6'2" guards. They have 4 international players, 3 out-of-state players, none from SoCal, and 5 of the players are transfers.

Against UCLA the center had 16 points (on 8 of 12) and 10 rebounds, way more than any of our posts got. The small guard got her season averages in rebounds (6) and assists (5) but shot a miserable 3 for 19.

The entire staff have worked or played for University of Oregon. Maybe that's their dream job?
Ashfield63
Per Raoul: Mark Campbell hired as WBB Head Coach at TCU, Fort Worth Texas
Competes in The Big 12 Conference.......
annarborbear
Raegan Pebley, the previous coach, finished second in the conference three years ago. But then, after 8th and 10th place finishes in subsequent years with a fall-off in recruiting, the TCU AD knew it was time for a change.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.