PAC-12 Tournament

3,303 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by wvitbear
wvitbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If Tara had the same record then you might obsess over certain coches. I say get the best no matter what their sex, what their color or what their social tendencies. You don't agree.
CalFanatic
wvitbear said:

If Tara had the same record then you might obsess over certain coches. I say get the best no matter what their sex, what their color or what their social tendencies. You don't agree.
We quite literally have a male on our staff.
CalFanatic
The obsession is weird and frankly, a tad creepy. Is there some sort of male quota we need to hit? Would people be happier with two males on the staff? Three?

What exactly is the end goal here.
wvitbear
The goal is the best staff. What is creepy about that? When Tara was at Ohio State she used Bobby Knight to be her tutor. I can't stand Bobby Knight but he knows basketball. Better than most people. And I think she learned a lot. Don't you?
SFCALBear72
CalFanatic said:

The obsession is weird and frankly, a tad creepy. Is there some sort of male quota we need to hit? Would people be happier with two males on the staff? Three?

What exactly is the end goal here.
With the reference to two male coaches on the WSU staff (they actually have just one - Jason Chainey from Australia) and now Bobby Knight, I think the "goal" is a white male coach.
wvitbear
Mitchel Butler was considered the best player in California in i forget which year. They won the state championship. His coacfh was a woman, coaching a boys team. I liked that a lot as they got the best person available regardless of sex.

I want the best person available to coach. What's wrong with that.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.