Ila Lane is in the portal

2,101 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by annarborbear
bearwbbfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Being local and having some connections to staff (Pierre IIRC), probably one to monitor.

She hasn't been as good as she was her freshman season, but probably could be a decent backup post in the Pac-12.
stu
It's possible the UCSB men's coach could end up at Cal. Package deal?
I.E.Bear
Just saw this and was coming to ask if anyone was familiar with her game. Unfortunately, stumbled on the news of Jayda possibly leaving.
wvitbear
Lane is good.
Schroeder71
Ila Lane - UC Santa Barbara (ucsbgauchos.com)

I saw her play for Woodside Priory vs Pinewood in high school. The two teams were in the same league. I have not watched her play for my alma-mater, UCSB. However, if one examines her stats over her college career, she has been a consistent performer in virtually all categories. Ila Lane has one more year to play so I would imagine that she would be interested in coming home and playing for Cal. This is her fourth year at UCSB so I would imagine that she would obtain her degree before transferring.

Cal is in a desperate situation regarding landing a couple of formidable post players. I vote that the Bears give her serious consideration for one of those two spots. I hate to have to admit this fact, but both the mens and womens basketball teams have turned into solid programs that vie for post season play most every year. The women's team finished 21-12 this year. The men's team was even better and is in the NCAA Tournament.

Here's Ila Lane against UCLA this season. She hit 6-10 from the floor with six rebounds. The big post played 39 minutes against a nationally ranked team. In her second season, Lane had 12 double-doubles. When is the last center at Cal that has put up numbers like that...Kristine Anigwe?
UC Santa Barbara (ucsbgauchos.com)

go gauchos! GO BEARS!
FOXO1
Lane would be great though I think she only has 1 year left

Avent formerly from Sac High makes a lot of sense now that Curry is in the portal

https://twitter.com/FOXO1gene
https://www.instagram.com/FOXO1gene/
SFCALBear72
I agree about Andriana Avent.

In late November/early December, Texas Southern played on the road against 3 eventual Tournament teams. Andriana scored in double digits against all three.

21 points @ Arizona (6-10 from 3)
13 points @ Ole Miss
16 points @ Florida State
Schroeder71
FOXO1-Andriana Avent could help fill the Jayda Curry scoring void. I would vet her, too. Let's at least build an entertaining team for the fans next season. GO BEARS!
annarborbear
She scored a lot, but shot 31% from the field and 26% on threes last season.
SFCALBear72
Those numbers were 40% and 41% the previous season.

Her team went 2-27 this past season. Maybe there was self-induced "pressure" to shoot/score more to help her team win. Just a theory.
annarborbear
Playing almost not at all at New Mexico and then going to Texas Southern is also not the trajectory one should be looking for in the PAC12. Better to go with a new coach who can bring in some real players.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.