Saint Joseph's preview

2,524 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Finnish Oski
gljone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It was heartbreaking to see Leilani after the game.

She has been a model representative. Improved in some facet of her game year after year. Chose to play her GR season here.

In hindsight, I bet she would have loved to have had the ball in her hands on that last possession.

She gave her all to this program.
stu
gljone said:

She has been a model representative. Improved in some facet of her game year after year. Chose to play her GR season here.

In hindsight, I bet she would have loved to have had the ball in her hands on that last possession.

A star doesn't begin to cover this assessment.
HoopDreams
gljone said:

Leilani is what's good about college sports

She's in my Cal basketball hall-of-fame (with Jorge)

Thank you Lei !

BearBint
For what it's worth, a neighbor who sometimes comes to games (former high school MBB player and NCAA track star) had this to say: "The Saint Joe girls were very, very good and highly competitive. Cal did good to play them that close, 2 points!"
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
mbBear
BearBint said:

For what it's worth, a neighbor who sometimes comes to games (former high school MBB player and NCAA track star) had this to say: "The Saint Joe girls were very, very good and highly competitive. Cal did good to play them that close, 2 points!"

I didn't watch, but Villanova did end up beating St. Joe's. Nova's top player was 4th in the country in scoring, honorable mention AA, and had a good game. Sounded competitive for sure from the write up.
Two good teams for sure, and certainly a lot better than several teams in the NCAA tournament....
SFCALBear72
67-59 Villanova
Finnish Oski
The WBIT final four is Villanova vs. Penn State and Illinois vs. our old friends at Washington State -- presumably they got an easier draw than we did.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.