Caitlin Clark

24,970 Views | 238 Replies | Last: 23 days ago by bear2034
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Might be boring news now, but Caitlin Clark had a triple double tonight, leading the now playoff bound fever over the sparks with a stat line of 24, 10, and 10. Clark and Boston were the game's leading scorers. She has the 35th and 36th triple doubles in wnba history, along with the only two by a rookie.
bear2034

I suppose the all-time WNBA triple-double record (10) is in jeopardy too.
HoopDreams
bear2034 said:

I suppose the all-time WNBA triple-double record (10) is in jeopardy too.
I don't think a lot of people understand how elite a player she is
CalWSportsFan

Defenses are damned if they do, damned if they don't.
movielover
It seemed like a little rest helped, a less frentic schedule, and she's jellied w her teammates. And they kept her off the Olympic team.
OBear073akaSMFan
Besides the rest..I think it would would take time to adjust to the speed if the game and no doubt other teams were focusing on stopping her too. I think with Kelsey Mitchell playing so well lots of the pressure has been taken off of her.
HoopDreams
The Fever coach installed a faster pass offense during the Olympic break that is better suited to their team

Besides CC, seems to fit the already run and gun Mitchell

Boston is probably the player on this team who most benefits from CC

CC had 25, 8 and 8 in a loss to the Lynx who scored 99 pts. CC with 7 TOs.

In other news, Angle Reese scored 24 and 12 in a blowout win over last place Sparks. Another double-double for Reese, only the difference was this was legit with 9-15 shooting

I think she is benefiting from have 6-7 talented Cardoso playing now … two towers are too much for some teams to handle

Really can't believe how much I'm following WNBA this season after never watching more than a highlight before
CalWSportsFan
I think the Olympic break rest and the fact that the rest of the Fever are catching up to Clark in terms of getting open to receive her amazing passes has been a big factor for the team playing well now. Mitchell is soooo good too. Interesting to see Hull's rise as well.....I sort of forgot about her, but she's certainly playing well of late.
OBear073akaSMFan
CalWSportsFan said:

I think the Olympic break rest and the fact that the rest of the Fever are catching up to Clark in terms of getting open to receive her amazing passes has been a big factor for the team playing well now. Mitchell is soooo good too. Interesting to see Hull's rise as well.....I sort of forgot about her, but she's certainly playing well of late.
I think Indiana needs a 3rd consistent perimeter shooter. Hull defensively has been outstanding but her shooting has been erratic. What has happened to Katie Lou Samuelson? Thought she would be better. Injures or too slow? Her sister Karlie seems to be doing better and is starting for the Wash.
movielover
Watched the game last night, didn't realize CC ocassionally pouts, and flops.
HoopDreams
Agree, players are figuring out how to move without the ball as CC loves to pass as much as shoot and Hull is one of the players who figured it out and upped her game

Hull is a nice player

CalWSportsFan said:

HoopDreams
Samuelson Terrible on defense

OBear073akaSMFan said:

CalWSportsFan said:

I think Indiana needs a 3rd consistent perimeter shooter. Hull defensively has been outstanding but her shooting has been erratic. What has happened to Katie Lou Samuelson? Thought she would be better. Injures or too slow? Her sister Karlie seems to be doing better and is starting for the Wash.
HoopDreams
movielover said:

Yes, she also trash talks

CC plays with a lot of fire and may rub some opponents the wrong way, but in interviews she is always cool (maybe her personality or good media training? Probably some of both … she certainly understands that her sponsors are watching/listening)
BearBint
movielover said:

Everybody does (except Layshia).
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
bear2034
BearBint said:

movielover said:

Everybody does (except Layshia).
movielover
LeBron is the flop Queen.
bear2034
movielover said:

LeBron is the flop Queen.

Caitlin Clark is an assist machine!

ClayK
Clark is a great player ...

But note that she broke Ticha Penicheiro's record with Sacramento. That Sacramento team was awful, couldn't score and barely shot 40%. More important, the shot clock was 30 seconds then, not 24. Oh, and they played fewer games.

Clark is a great player, but Penicheiro was a better passer. Put Ticha in today's game, and Clark would be known as a scorer.

HoopDreams
ClayK said:

Clark is a great player ...

But note that she broke Ticha Penicheiro's record with Sacramento. That Sacramento team was awful, couldn't score and barely shot 40%. More important, the shot clock was 30 seconds then, not 24. Oh, and they played fewer games.

Penicheiro's mark of 225 had stood since 1998, which was just the second year of the WNBA's existence. Making Clark's feat even more impressive is she did it in 28 games, two fewer than Penicheiro's 30, so the longer season that the league has now didn't even factor into the equation.

Also CC has the most assists in a season in WNBA history, and she's only a rookie:

322 Caitlin Clark (38 games in 2024)
316 Alyssa Thomas (40 games in 2023)
movielover
Wait til she gets an off season to add some new moves and shots.
brevity
movielover said:

And dunks. Once her coach gives her the all-clear to start dunking, it's all over.

Scratch that. When Caitlin Clark alley-oops the ball to herself, it's all over.
bear2034
brevity said:

movielover said:

And dunks. Once her coach gives her the all-clear to start dunking, it's all over.

Scratch that. When Caitlin Clark alley-oops the ball to herself, it's all over.

If Catilin is dunking in games, ClayK will find something to criticize her about.
ClayK
Caitlin Clark is a fabulous player, and barring disaster, will go down as one of the all-time greats.
bear2034
ClayK said:

Caitlin Clark is a fabulous player, and barring disaster, will go down as one of the all-time greats.
Criticizing her play keeps things more interesting though.
bear2034

The Indiana Fever also averaged higher attendance than 5 NBA teams this year.
bear2034

CC got stabbed in the eyes in her first playoff game and no foul was called. Watch for yourself starting at 2:20.
HoopDreams
bear2034 said:

CC got stabbed in the eyes in her first playoff game and no foul was called. Watch for yourself starting at 2:20.
that was a very unnatural basketball play

defenders hit players in the face all the time, but not like that
movielover
HoopDreams said:

bear2034 said:

Looks like some racism.
bear2034
HoopDreams said:

bear2034 said:

Doesn't the WNBA allow players to wear elongated nails? Doesn't seem like a good idea for any sports league.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.