Slightly O.T. (but I'm tired of reading about whether to retain Coach Charmin)

873 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by HoopDreams
BearBint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
THIS is what Berkeley or Oakland or San Francisco (or all three) need: https://www.thesportsbrapdx.com/

(Relayed to me by my daughter's Norwegian fiance here in England. Which is one of the reasons BearBloke and I are pernitting her to marry him.)
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
Ashfield63
BearBint said:

THIS is what Berkeley or Oakland or San Francisco (or all three) need: https://www.thesportsbrapdx.com/

(Relayed to me by my daughter's Norwegian fiance here in England. Which is one of the reasons BearBloke and I are pernitting her to marry him.)
Thank-you for posting this.

Where in the world did so many who are posting all of their negative thoughts about Charmin Smith come from.???

I am disgusted with many of the posts... I stopped reading them for awhile......I need to take a break from the Bear Insider, WBB.....I am competitive, and played many sports, but now spend time exercising in the pool due to physical limitations.

Hoping for the best for the Cal WBB program players and staff, especially, with traveling all the way to the east coast to play ACC games. The 6 hour flight is long for me, but I enjoy visiting my lifelong friends and family in Mass. and Vermont. My concerns are for the student athletes. Thsy are amazing!

Always enjoy your comments Bear Bint....

GGV
CalWSportsFan
Indeed. It's exhausting to read such negativity, mostly from folks who are not really fans....just come in to be flame throwers. I've blocked so many......now it just seems best to avoid this place.

However, if you like to read and post about college women's basketball I suggest both the UConn boneyard general women's basketball board and believe it or not, the Reddit NCAAW sub. You'll find some good discussions from people who actually follow women's basketball closely. There are always outliers, but in general I've found these to be good sources of comments and news.

https://the-boneyard.com/forums/general-womens-basketball-forum.83/

https://www.reddit.com/r/NCAAW/

That bar is in Portland right? Sounds like fun. I was having lunch near Tacoma, Wa. a couple days ago and it was funny to hear people at tables around me discussing, what else, but women's basketball! 50 years later after Title IX came to be we're really seeing the results....Seems like a sports bar where one can actually watch women's sports is an idea whose time has come! We've got pro soccer and soon pro basketball to add to our great college sports in the Bay Area. Go Bears!

Schroeder71
I have a suggestion: please watch the women's gymnastics team perform as they go for the national championship on April 18th through the 20th. I spent this evening watching absolute excellence as Cal hosted the Western Regional at Haas Pavillion and won it going away. Stanford finished second and will also go to the Elite Eight. The eight teams will compete on the 18th to determine the final four. On the 20th, those top four will compete for the NCAA Championship. Cal is currently ranked #3 in the nation behind #1 Oklahoma & #2 LSU.

IMO-the women's gymnastics team is the top women's team at Cal. The coaching staff and the recruiting are elite. To witness the pursuit of excellence is quite inspirational. When you see the level of performance that these coaches get out of these young ladies, you will understand why accepting mediocrity is the wrong path.

2023-24 Women's Gymnastics Roster - California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

I did not include the men because the men's water polo team has won back-to-back national crowns and the men's swimming team has won two out of three national championships (finished 2nd this year). Cal men's swimming has been a national power for many years. They have finished first or second for the past fourteen consecutive seasons. This is the capability of Cal student-athletes if the program is operated in the right way.

GO BEARS!
CalWSportsFan
Thanks for the heads up! They're doing so well this year. I wish I had been in town to watch the competition at Haas, but I'll definitely tune in for the nationals. :-)
HoopDreams
Schroeder71 said:

I have a suggestion: please watch the women's gymnastics team perform as they go for the national championship on April 18th through the 20th. I spent this evening watching absolute excellence as Cal hosted the Western Regional at Haas Pavillion and won it going away. Stanford finished second and will also go to the Elite Eight. The eight teams will compete on the 18th to determine the final four. On the 20th, those top four will compete for the NCAA Championship. Cal is currently ranked #3 in the nation behind #1 Oklahoma & #2 LSU.

IMO-the women's gymnastics team is the top women's team at Cal. The coaching staff and the recruiting are elite. To witness the pursuit of excellence is quite inspirational. When you see the level of performance that these coaches get out of these young ladies, you will understand why accepting mediocrity is the wrong path.

2023-24 Women's Gymnastics Roster - California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

I did not include the men because the men's water polo team has won back-to-back national crowns and the men's swimming team has won two out of three national championships (finished 2nd this year). Cal men's swimming has been a national power for many years. They have finished first or second for the past fourteen consecutive seasons. This is the capability of Cal student-athletes if the program is operated in the right way.

GO BEARS!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.