women's attendance > men's attendance

727 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by ClayK
Oakbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
not too surprising really, the best men's players go straight to the NBA or after one year ..

there may be a lesson in there for men's college bb
smh
link?
stu
Do you mean TV viewers of the NCAA Tournament title games?
Oakbear
yes, 18M womens, 14M mens

again, the college men's game is good, but the best players (assuming they stayed for four years) are almost all in the NBA
stu
Oakbear said:

again, the college men's game is good, but the best players (assuming they stayed for four years) are almost all in the NBA
For me it's not just about the best players. If most players transfer every year I'll lose interest pretty quickly.
Oakbear
stu said:

Oakbear said:

For me it's not just about the best players. If most players transfer every year I'll lose interest pretty quickly.
it seems the women players tend to stay put, but LSU is losing a top player this year .. so that may be a thing of the past too

I know the constant moving of players has affected my interest in sports, first it was the pros as after three years many players moved on .. now colleges are even more movement oriented

Oh well, fortunately, I have a lot of other interest than sports so will not be affected by this as much as some
ClayK
There is little reason for players to have loyalty when their coaches and administrators don't. (When I would talk to my players about being recruited, I told them one of the most important questions to ask any head coach was "How long is your contract?")

The bottom line, literally and figuratively, is that college sports is a big business, and athletes generate the largest portion of the revenue.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.