familiar name enters Cal Athletics HOF

670 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Ashfield63
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://calbears.com/news/2024/4/24/athletics-news-eight-golden-bears-elected-to-cal-athletics-hall-of-fame.aspx

ALEXIS GRAY-LAWSON Women's Basketball (2005-10)
Gray-Lawson was a three-time All-Pac-10 selection and named an All-American in 2010, the same year she was the winner of the Frances Pomeroy Naismith Award, given to the top player in the nation 5-foot-8 or shorter. Gray-Lawson has played in more games than any Cal women's basketball player in history 143 and started every one of them. She ranks fourth on the Bears' all-time scoring list with 1,982 points and her 47 points at Oregon State in 2010 is the second-most in a game ever in program history...

Coaching career
In 2015 named the Como Park Girls basketball head coach. In 2020 names the Saint Joseph Notre Dame High School girls head varsity coach
CalWSportsFan
I love AGL....particularly this memory from 2009. https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-bkw-t25-stanford-california-011809-2009jan18-story.html

Quote:

Alexis Gray-Lawson scored a career-high 37 points, converting two free throws with 1:09 to play that put her team ahead for good and scoring again with 21 seconds left to lift No. 11 California to a thrilling 57-54 victory over archrival and ninth-ranked Stanford on Sunday....
A well-deserved honor for a great Golden Bear!
BearBint
AGL beat Palo Alto almost single-handedly in front of what was then the largest crowd ever for a West Coast WBB game (c. 2009?). I've never heard Haas so loud, before or since.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
Finnish Oski
She willed us to that victory. One of my all-ime Cal sports highlights.
wvitbear
I watched her win the state high school championship with Devani Hampton for Oakland Tech.

Then they both came to Cal. Great get.
HoopDreams
Ashfield63
Cal won the 2010 WNIT at Haas with AGL.....,I went to all of the home games, including the Championship!!
GGV
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.