Palm Springs classic on Nov 26-27 versus 3 NCAA teams (link)

1,132 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by annarborbear
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://calbears.com/news/2024/6/3/womens-basketball-bears-to-play-in-2024-acrisure-classic.aspx

Cal usually attempts to rack up wins in its non-conference games. Last season was typical with the Bears finishing 10-2 prior to Pac 12 conference action.

This group of four teams all had winning records and post season experience last season. Michigan State, Vanderbilt & Arizona made the NCAA Tournament while Cal was selected for the WBIT. Bears open against the Spartans. I visited their website, and MSU (22-9) was very good last season. Michigan State has lost their #2 & #3 scorers but just announced four college transfer additions. Two are from the Pac 12 in PF Grace Van Slooten (Oregon) and PG Jaddan Simmons (ASU).
Fralick Adds Four to Women's Basketball Roster - Michigan State University Athletics (msuspartans.com)

Cal will represent the ACC and will face one member of the other three power conferences. Michigan State (Big Ten), Vandy (SEC) & Arizona (Big 12). I hope that Cal is ready to play in November because they'll have to be at their best to defeat these quality teams. GO BEARS!

annarborbear
Fralick is an excellent coach, and I watched her beat my other team. Michigan, twice last year on the Big Ten Network. But they are another team that will need contributions from their freshman class after some tough transfers out. Simmons and Van Slooten are some good transfers in.
SFCALBear72
Schroeder71 said:

https://calbears.com/news/2024/6/3/womens-basketball-bears-to-play-in-2024-acrisure-classic.aspx

Cal usually attempts to rack up wins in its non-conference games. Last season was typical with the Bears finishing 10-2 prior to Pac 12 conference action.

This group of four teams all had winning records and post season experience last season. Michigan State, Vanderbilt & Arizona made the NCAA Tournament while Cal was selected for the WBIT. Bears open against the Spartans. I visited their website, and MSU (22-9) was very good last season. Michigan State has lost their #2 & #3 scorers but just announced four college transfer additions. Two are from the Pac 12 in PF Grace Van Slooten (Oregon) and PG Jaddan Simmons (ASU).
Fralick Adds Four to Women's Basketball Roster - Michigan State University Athletics (msuspartans.com)

Cal will represent the ACC and will face one member of the other three power conferences. Michigan State (Big Ten), Vandy (SEC) & Arizona (Big 12). I hope that Cal is ready to play in November because they'll have to be at their best to defeat these quality teams. GO BEARS!

Likewise, for those teams. We will be a quality team.

Last season, we had already played 6 games (plus an exhibition game) by November 26. I imagine we will have a similar schedule this season. We will be ready.
Schroeder71
annarborbear-Joiner and Hagemann were the second & third top scorers for the Spartans. The former hit 80 threes at 44% accuracy while the latter connected on 41 treys @ 41 %shooting. Those are the transfers that you were alluding to? Michigan State and Cal made 283 and 282 three pointers last season, respectively. Bombs away!

23 24 MSU WBB Combined (PDF) - Michigan State University Athletics (msuspartans.com)
annarborbear
Schroeder71 said:

annarborbear-Joiner and Hagemann were the second & third top scorers for the Spartans. The former hit 80 threes at 44% accuracy while the latter connected on 41 treys @ 41 %shooting. Those are the transfers that you were alluding to? Michigan State and Cal made 283 and 282 three pointers last season, respectively. Wow!

23 24 MSU WBB Combined (PDF) - Michigan State University Athletics (msuspartans.com)
The player they will really miss is their all-league PG Hagemann who took the money and went to Ole Miss. Joiner played five years and is out of eligibility. They also lost Elliot who was valuable off of the bench and who has transferred to Penn State and who was injured last year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.