UConn Clinic Coming Up

1,561 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Schroeder71
annarborbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UConn is one of those teams that does not have a traditional center, and that plays with a short bench. But it helps when you have McDonald's All-Americans to call on at every position, and, of course, an unbelievable coach.

The UConn stats that immediately jump out are a) 51.9% shooting from the field vs 31.9% for their opponents; b) 40.9% on three point shots, with an amazing six players shooting 40% or better from three point range; and c) a 2-1 assist/TO ratio, while forcing opponents into a negative 1-1.6 ratio.

Will look forward to watching them in action and to seeing how we will respond to the challenge.
Ccajon2
If we stay within 20 of them I consider that a good effort. An upset win maybe a conference title and sweet 16.

ncbears
Cal has confirmed - at least on twitter - that current students will get in free to the UConn game. I hope that helps generate a good crowd.
OBear073akaSMFan
ncbears said:

Cal has confirmed - at least on twitter - that current students will get in free to the UConn game. I hope that helps generate a good crowd.
Problem though fall session ended on Dec 14th & most students have scattered. I hoping for a good turnout by the general public too!
Schroeder71
UConn is undefeated but they have the same problem that Oregon does...The Huskies play five players 30-40
minutes per game. Of course, the starting five are McDonald's All-Americans. The only post type player that starts is senior Naphessa Collier (6-2) but she can really jump. The other senior, Katie Lou Samuelson (6-3), is playing more of a forward spot to help defend inside and rebound. One obvious observation to make is that if one of these two veteran players get into early foul trouble, it could certainly aid the opposition. Two of their three guards, Megan Walker & Christy Williams, have good height, too, around 6-1/5-11 so they can contribute, too, in all facets of the game.

https://uconnhuskies.com/documents/2018/11/13/SeasonReport_2018_11_13_111602.pdf

UConn (10-0) has won two games by approximately 10 points against St Johns (neutral court) and on the road at Oklahoma on Wednesday night. The Sooners (3-7) held a 12 point lead early in the 3rd quarter over the undefeated Huskies. However, Connecticut dominated the fourth quarter and won going away...

Cal could have an opportunity Saturday if they can play well in the first half. However, have the Bears come
out and played well in the first twenty minutes of any of their nine victories? I don't remember any...If Cal plays like they did against UCSB, for example, they could be behind by twenty or more at intermission.

It appears, however, that the Huskies cannot play that many minutes per game with intensity, either. If the Bears can play well, not miss 10 layups/ putbacks like they did vs the Gauchos, control their opponent's offensive rebounding and not turn the ball over 20 or more times, they could be the third team hanging around in the fourth quarter. I also believe that Cal needs to make more than 2 or 3 treys to have a chance to pull off
a huge upset in Berkeley! GO BEARS!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.