CAL vs UCONN thread

7,235 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by glutton
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gkhoury2325 said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

Any idea what the T on UCONN was for? Was it on the coach or their bench.

The Tech was on UConn HC.
I was sitting directly behind the basket on that side
Game was getting tight

UConn player took a shot in the paint and CJ blocked it, but their arms got tangled and both fell to floor. Cal had another player bringing a double so there was a lot going on there. To me, UConn player was acting by dramatically falling down, but it did look like contact

It could have went either way, and Geno blew a fuse. He got the T but would have gotten a second if his asst coach didn't block him from confronting the ref again. He tried to do so for minutes with the same coach having to stop him entire time

Reminds me why it's so tough to be a ref, and gave me a look at Geno's competitive fire. Actually reminded me of Monty. Both great coaches, but I'd imagine very hard to play.for

OBear073akaSMFan
One of the fastest game ever. Out of the arena by 1:30!
GoBears635
HoopDreams said:

Gkhoury2325 said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

He got the T but would have gotten a second if his asst coach didn't block him from confronting the ref again. He tried to do so for minutes with the same coach having to stop him entire time

That's been Chris Daley's job pretty much her whole career.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/30117891230448192/
HoopDreams
Yeah that's her. Ha Ha!

GoBears635 said:

HoopDreams said:

Gkhoury2325 said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

He got the T but would have gotten a second if his asst coach didn't block him from confronting the ref again. He tried to do so for minutes with the same coach having to stop him entire time

That's been Chris Daley's job pretty much her whole career.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/30117891230448192/

GATC
They were allowing a lot of contact all game. It was called more like a tournament game than a pac12 game. Forgot that Geno has a bad temper.
roqmoq
HoopDreams said:

agree regarding Kianna. What a smart player. Seems like she always made the right play today.

Another smart coach's kid!

glutton
wvitbear said:

This was a game in which the refs swallowed their whistles. I appreciate that. But both sides could probably howl at being fouled at various times in the game. We didn't shoot our first free throw till the 4th quarter.
Overall, I liked that they didn't call too much. But there was one play where Kristine was shoved in the back near the basket, fell to the ground, and it just went as a turnover when she couldn't get to the pass. I don't know how the refs could justify not calling a foul on that play.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.