O.T. but of possible interest:

9 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BearBint
BearBint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2019/3/12/18261885/stanfurd-ucla-usc-college-admission-bribery-scandal-lori-laughlin-felicity-huffman
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
CalWSportsFan
Funny how all the headlines scream "actresses" but ignore William Macy, Huffman's spouse as being a parent who was involved. He's a pretty well known actor. Guess it's mom's fault. At any rate, pretty sad all around. Also interesting admissions at USC apparently didn't bother to follow up on these "athletes" once admitted. That USC water polo coach seems the highest profile one involved.
GOLDEN
CalWSportsFan said:

Funny how all the headlines scream "actresses" but ignore William Macy, Huffman's spouse as being a parent who was involved. He's a pretty well known actor. Guess it's mom's fault. At any rate, pretty sad all around. Also interesting admissions at USC apparently didn't bother to follow up on these "athletes" once admitted. That USC water polo coach seems the highest profile one involved.
USC womens athletic director just fired. Water polo coach fired. Stanford also has issues in the works as well as several Ivy league schools. Gonna be interesting where this all goes. Big national breaking story.
HoopDreams
GOLDEN said:

CalWSportsFan said:

USC womens athletic director just fired. Water polo coach fired. Stanford also has issues in the works as well as several Ivy league schools. Gonna be interesting where this all goes. Big national breaking story.

but not USC's head basketball coach
BearBint
Top U.S. news in Britain as well: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47543036

Along with the Telegraph; the Guardian, my news site of choice; etc. Imagine it---dishonest celebs!

(I, too, would be very upset if something like this was happening at Cal. Am I correct in thinking that we are pretty clean where admissions, sports scholarships, and such are concerned?)
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
wifeisafurd
CalWSportsFan said:

Per the indictment, Macy was in on one recorded conversation to pay a bribe for the younger daughter to do well on the SAT. But Macy and Huffman never acted on that. All other conversations and actions were allegedly Huffman only. Probably why he escaped indictment.
Richmondbear2
There's a wood chipper joke somewhere
BearBint
Richmondbear2 said:

There's a wood chipper joke somewhere
There are jokes all over the place. This week, the Facebook account Your Mom is So Berkeley (https://www.facebook.com/groups/101088487178/) offered these japes:

YMISB she's been racking her brain all week trying to think of a good Big Game chant to taunt all the trust fund kids who bought their way into Stanfurd. Anyone got anything?

"Hey, hey, what did you pay? To get into Cal, I got As."

"Your mom would say to set the right example for children, and show them love and acceptance."

"When I went to UCLA and we played USC, we flashed dollar bills during their fight song."

BearBint
P.S. I think we should flash $20 bills at USC AND Palo Alto.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.