Kennedy B. is still in the W

1,845 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BearBint
BearBint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.swishappeal.com/wnba/2019/2/2/18207985/wnba-waived-players-free-agency-news-transactions-signings-movement

I wonder if anyone is going to give Megan Gustafson a second look; her dismissal was a real shocker to me.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
ClayK
I have to say I wasn't surprised by Gustafson getting cut -- she was a second-round pick for a reason.

She's not exceptionally athletic, not that tall, and pretty much did all her work from the left block, against post players nowhere near the caliber (or size or strength) of WNBA posts. She was not a threat from three so she couldn't draw bigger posts out, but more important, I didn't see how she would be able to guard the kind of players she would see every night in the WNBA.

That's a really, really good league, as Kristine Anigwe's disappearance to the end of the Connecticut bench shows.
Lone Star
I saw Gustafson play a few times this year. Basically Iowa leaned on her for all of their offense so, she looked pretty good in a weaker conference.

Not surprised she was cut because when I watched her, she was slow on defense and she threw up some awkward looking shots that amazingly seemed to always fall. Nothing athletic looking at all.
BearBint
Lone Star said:

I saw Gustafson play a few times this year. Basically Iowa leaned on her for all of their offense so, she looked pretty good in a weaker conference.

Not surprised she was cut because when I watched her, she was slow on defense and she threw up some awkward looking shots that amazingly seemed to always fall. Nothing athletic looking at all.
My, my. How did all those journalists and sports experts get away with bestowing so many national honors on M.G.? Did she split the vote? (Rhetorical question.) ESPN gives "awards" based on the opinion of 3 WBB writers.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.