Felisha Legette-Jack

2,685 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by WayneBear
Intuit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.syracuse.com/sports/2018/10/felisha_legette-jacks_rise_from_devasting_job_loss_to_advocate_for_second_chance.html

An in-depth feel good profile of Felisha Legette-Jack. Explains why she may be a candidate for the California Head Coaching position. Pushes all the buttons, a worthy choice.
Harborview
socaliganbear
Can't just pretend her stint at Indiana didn't happen. It was very bad.
Cal_79
socaliganbear said:

The article isn't pretending Indiana didn't happen. But does state she learned a lot from the experience. Are you saying that if at first you don't succeed, just give up because you can never get better? Does her current success not count for anything?
puget sound cal fan
Coach Legette-Jack has overcome a major career setback at Indiana to flourish at the Univ. of Buffalo. The qualities she's exhibited at Buffalo could serve her well at Berkeley if she was given the opportunity to succeed Lindsay. How long is it going to take get a replacement?
socaliganbear
Cal_79 said:

socaliganbear said:

The article isn't pretending Indiana didn't happen. But does state she learned a lot from the experience. Are you saying that if at first you don't succeed, just give up because you can never get better? Does her current success not count for anything?

I'm not saying she should give up. She should do whatever she wants. I'm saying Cal should take into consideration where she's succeeded and where she's failed.
ClayK
Legette-Jack might be much better at the P5 level now ... but two things:

1) She has no West Coast connections; and

2) Why would she take over a team that looks to be a bottom-feeder in the toughest conference in the country? With Forbes transferring, that's a very thin roster.
SFCALBear72
I'm not so sure she is a potential candidate. During last night's chat, BearGreg was asked about the search. He indicated that AD Knowlton had a plan that focused on P5 HC and/or Associate HC. Buffalo is in the MAC.
ncbears
SFCALBear72 said:

I'm not so sure she is a potential candidate. During last night's chat, BearGreg was asked about the search. He indicated that AD Knowlton had a plan that focused on P5 HC and/or Associate HC. Buffalo is in the MAC.
Well, FLJ has P5 head coaching experience.
WayneBear
SFCALBear72 said:

Thank you! That's a great clue. It also sounds like Knowlton's way of making the search sound more selective and yet wide-ranging than it really was. In other words, they likely just asked a few people for advice and might have immediately zoomed in on one candidate who happened to be a P5 associate. Then he can say afterwards oh no, we didn't reach down to midmajors or non-Division I, or just any old assistant, that's not good enough for Cal. We specified that they MUST be a P5 HC or an up and coming P5 associate (aka Ms. Zoom-In).

I'll add more thoughts later in the list of candidates thread.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.