As Cal progresses through Pac 12 competition, it will become glaringly apparent that most of the opposing teams will possess one or two star players that the Bears will have no answer for. Kentucky beat Cal because of a 6-2 guard that could score almost at will vs the Bears. On Friday night Washington had one star, 5-10 senior SG, Amber Melgoza, score 31 points to beat Cal. Melgoza has had four consecutive sensational games against the Bears yet the coaching staff nor the team had formulated any plan or strategy to stop her. Cal was ahead 64-61 with a minute left and they left her alone in the corner for a tying three. Then she drove to the basket for the game winning layup.

Cal fans will witness a similar story tomorrow when they watch two Washington State seniors, SF Borislava Hristova and PG Chanelle Molina, score double figures again against the Bears. Stanford thumped WSU 77-58 on Friday night with Molina & Hristova registering 27 & 21, respectively, for 48 points. Only two other Cougars scored in that game.

I predict that Cal will edge Wazzu, 70-64. I refuse to believe that the Bears can play consecutive "stinker" games at home to begin the season. If the Bears don't garner a victory tomorrow, I cannot speculate when they'll get one.
GO BEARS!