Horstmeyer

4,569 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by wvitbear
wvitbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Karen Horstmeyer's daughter is playing in Alameda against Alameda High on Tuesday night as part of the Nor Cal playoffs, She is a 6' junior who is pretty good. Ranked something like 9th in the 2021 class. Clay seems to like her. So if you want to see her and maybe talk to Karen then here is your chance.

Also, my South Bay fans went to see Pinewood vs Maramonte the other night . they too were impressed with Mastrov. Not sure who they are playing in the open for North Coast.
Schroeder71
BOD defeated Miramonte, 57-50, in the 1st round.
wvitbear
The Pinewood gme was before the BOD gzme. BOD game was first round of North Coast sectional/ Didn't see the game but saw the first Miramonte-BOD game where Miramonte won.

wvitbear
Went to see Karen Horstmeyer's daughter last night. She is a junior at Redwood High in Marin County. they played alameda in the semifinals of the North Coast division II playoffs. Alamda was the favorite and won the game.

Buy enough about that. You don't come here to hear me talk about high school teams. The young Horstmeyer is about 6' tall. Very good athlete, can handle the ball, tenacious defender and good rebounder. Can shoot on the move. Didn't shoot the three well last night. I see her as a midlevel player although if she didn't mind being a role player, I would take her.

Karen was there last night and I went over at half time a talked to her. She remembered me from the state high school gurney. Then she brought her 4 year old son and sat thru a lot of games. That 4 year old is now 19 years old.

She mentioned that Santa Clara, ST. Mary's and Washington were there to watch her daughter. And the coach for Santa Clara was our own Kirsten Iwanaga (sp). So I went over to talk to her. Told her I believe she held the Cal record for free throw per cent age . And she said I was right. I told her she should have gotten fouled more. She was with another coach who was from a community college.

Had a good time. My two cohorts were there from San Jose. They agreed, I think with my observations. They can comment if they don't. Alameda had one player who was also pretty good. She is from the 2020 class and according to Alameda fans has signed with someone but they don't know who. If I can figure out her name i will post it.
ClayK
The Alameda girl is Lexie Givens and I don't think she's signed -- but she's definitely mid-major and maybe a low-level P5.

wvitbear
She was just honored as being MVP of her league.
smh
wvitbear said:

Had a good time.
and social distancing?? # be safe

oops, finally noticed bulk of thread was ancient history / simpler times.
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
wvitbear
Horstmeyer just jumped up to the number 3 ranking for the Northern Cal class behind Harriel and Mastrov. I liked her but wasn't sure about being a Pac 12 player. Or maybe a Pac 12 starter. She could be a role player though.
wbbilluminati
wvitbear said:

Horstmeyer just jumped up to the number 3 ranking for the Northern Cal class behind Harriel and Mastrov. I liked her but wasn't sure about being a Pac 12 player. Or maybe a Pac 12 starter. She could be a role player though.
Would love to see her in a Cal jersey
CalFanatic
JH is going to Stanford from everything i've heard. I'd love to land Mastrov AND Horstmeyer. We should be recruiting high IQ athletes right from our backyard!
wbbilluminati
CalFanatic said:

JH is going to Stanford from everything i've heard. I'd love to land Mastrov AND Horstmeyer. We should be recruiting high IQ athletes right from our backyard!
Looks like Mastrov also linked with Duke, Harvard, UW

Horstmeyer looks skilled and plays hard on video. I'm reading she's 6'1" now? Pretty good ball handler for that size.
wvitbear
I'm saying from seeing her live she is about 6'. I don't believe she is 6'1" and she is a pretty good ball handler. I know Santa Clara and St. Mary's are recruiting her hard. Talked to Kirsten I at the game and she said she was watching her
KI is a coach at Santa Clara and Horstmeyer (the mother ) was her coach at Cal.
ClayK
Caren Horstmeyer also coached at Santa Clara ....

I think Kylie is about 5-11 or so. She plays point much of the time but my sense is she's a wing at the next level (though Caren would probably disagree).

I'm not convinced she's a Pac-12 player, but I'm not convinced she isn't either.

For what it's worth, I think Harriel (from Antelope) and Mastrov (who I coach) are both somewhat better prospects. But I've been wrong before ...
wvitbear
I think they are better prospects too. I could see them starting. Like you, Horstmeyer is a tweener. Could blossum into a role player or not. My guess is she could start for a mid major or take her chances in a higher program.
ClayK
Kylie just signed with San Diego -- a very good choice, I think.
wvitbear
I agree. I think she will be a good player there. but Pac 12, I see her as a role player.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.