Senior Day v OSU Thread

3,914 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ashfield63
WC Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had concerns about Cailyn Crocker early on but she has now become my favorite freshman. Her confidence has improved and during the last three games (two against top 20 teams), she has demonstrated the ability to score fairly consistently. Not only can she shoot the three but also, she can drive to the basket.

On another note, her eloquence was noted last night in her tribute to Jaelyn Brown. I thought it was moving when she stated that since she was in the 7th grade, she admired Jaelyn from afar, and that Jaelyn didn't know she even existed. When Cailyn broke down, Jaelyn immediately left her chair to comfort her. That said a lot about this team.
GATC
Ashfield63 said:

There were so many heartfelt moments during the tribute to the seniors. MiCole, Sara, and Chen have sat out seasons due to injuries and surgeries. They were emotional when they spoke about their experience at Cal. They all had prepared statements. C.J. and Jaelyn blew off the preparation, and just spoke at will. The younger players who spoke about the seniors were well spoken and delivered emotional, and sometimes amusing tributes. The videos of the players set to music were excellent, and fun to watch. Charmin is a natural speaker, poised, poignant and keeps your attention. After pausing during her time to speak due to emotions and tears, Sara ended with, "let me hear GO BEARS one more time"........that said it all. Her parents were in attendance on Friday and for today's game. It was a wonderful last home game of the season afternoon at Haas. It is such an accomplishment for each one these student/athletes to earn a degree from Cal while playing on the basketball team.
Good summary. I really liked when Charmin recognized, thanked and introduced the parents of the graduating players. This team is close and Charmin has done a good job getting as much out of them as possible. I really like this team.

Finnish Oski
They didn't win a home game after December 29th but I don't regret cheering them on as they were hard-working, spirited group that I will remember fondly.
"I'm just here so I won't get fined."
pearbear
WC Bear said:

On another note, her eloquence was noted last night in her tribute to Jaelyn Brown. I thought it was moving when she stated that since she was in the 7th grade, she admired Jaelyn from afar, and that Jaelyn didn't know she even existed. When Cailyn broke down, Jaelyn immediately left her chair to comfort her. That said a lot about this team.

And right after that, Cailyn started talking about how Jaelyn is really messy around her locker, and Jaelyn was all (nonverbally) "I'm out!" and sat back down. LOL. It was quite the bait and switch by the freshie, and one of my favorite moments of the event!
Ashfield63
pearbear said:

WC Bear said:

And right after that, Cailyn started talking about how Jaelyn is really messy around her locker, and Jaelyn was all (nonverbally) "I'm out!" and sat back down. LOL. It was quite the bait and switch by the freshie, and one of my favorite moments of the event!
Loved it.....Go Cailyn!!!
GGV
BearBint
I was moved by just about every moment at yesterday's senior tribute, but especially by Cayton's highlights reel--her speed and grace--and by Cayton herself. She's a courageous young woman.
Ashfield63
BearBint said:

I was moved by just about every moment at yesterday's senior tribute, but especially by Cayton's highlights reel--her speed and grace--and by Cayton herself. She's a courageous young woman.
Yes, Charmin set the tone with her poise and graciousness. Wow, watching MiCole Clayton in the video was something to behold. It was a wonderful moment when she told us how Charmin took her to see the doctor when she was told she needed surgery. I assume it was last fall, surgery number three. It was evident the players were comfortable talking about injuries, and expressing their emotions. One can see how Charmin has allowed the players to be themselves, and to care for one another. This has been evident during some of the post-game press conferences. I loved how Charmin and the other coaches were so attentive to what the players had to say and expressed. They appeared to be moved at times too. I am so impressed by the compassion and empathy the players have for one another. I have not experienced what took place yesterday during the Senior Tribute in past years. Charmin, her staff and our wonderful players are all winners! GO BEARS......
GGV
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.