Here's Cal women's 2021 volleyball recruit class...(link)

4 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by calbears4ever
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Berkeley Bound - University of California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

Is this the four member class that everyone expected? GO BEARS!
ncbears
I'm intrigued by the Swiss setter.
calbears4ever
Yes I knew since November, and they will replace Anderson, Forte, Potter, and Houghton, the former two of whom we lost prior to the 2020/spring 2021 season. Maeder is the one to replace Potter IMO, she came from an elite club in Switzerland. I won't be surprised if she beats out Jensen, but idk if she can beat out Blevins (if Blevins is even staying)
OBear073akaSMFan
calbears4ever said:

Yes I knew since November, and they will replace Anderson, Forte, Potter, and Houghton, the former two of whom we lost prior to the 2020/spring 2021 season. Maeder is the one to replace Potter IMO, she came from an elite club in Switzerland. I won't be surprised if she beats out Jensen, but idk if she can beat out Blevins (if Blevins is even staying)
Maeder (6-1) would help with the blocking at the net t00. Remember Carli Lloyd (5-11) was good at the net too. Has to make us stronger defensively,
calbears4ever
OBear073akaSMFan said:

calbears4ever said:

Maeder (6-1) would help with the blocking at the net t00. Remember Carli Lloyd (5-11) was good at the net too. Has to make us stronger defensively,

Yeah Jensen is 5'8, which is not what we want in a 5-1 offense in the pac-12. Don't get me wrong, she is not a bad setter, but the fact that she was inconsistent last season made it problematic for Cal after Potter went down with a broken left finger
LodeBear
yes it helps to be a taller setter. But Carli was a tremendous setter. made the hitters even better. made poor passes into great sets. That is what made her special.
calbears4ever
No wonder she finished second all-time in assists. The true GOAT setter (and yes, Potter is in the list of top 10 setters at Cal, at 7th in assists)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.