Baseball bubble - Baseball America

3,147 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Baller4
AUOso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AUOso
Baller4
Just put up a graphic during the ACC championship game, that Cal is part of last 5 out!
SFCALBear72
Baller4 said:

Just put up a graphic during the ACC championship game, that Cal is part of last 5 out!

I bet you opened a cold beer and when you saw that. Lol.
Baller4
SFCALBear72 said:

Baller4 said:

Just like you did when anything went wrong when Esquer was here!!!! Amazing how none of you are all over Neu like you all were with Esquer! Somehow Neu gets a pass. Esquer is worried about winning the Pac, Neu is worried about getting that bubble spot! Amazing, David Lawn, who Milano wanted to take over, but decided to sabotage Esquer his whole time here, moves on and is at U of A, not as a head but an assistant and is winning. Esquer moves on to Stanford, and well, has over 100 wins in the same timeframe.
SFCALBear72
Baller4 said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Baller4 said:

Just like you did when anything went wrong when Esquer was here!!!! Amazing how none of you are all over Neu like you all were with Esquer! Somehow Neu gets a pass. Esquer is worried about winning the Pac, Neu is worried about getting that bubble spot! Amazing, David Lawn, who Milano wanted to take over, but decided to sabotage Esquer his whole time here, moves on and is at U of A, not as a head but an assistant and is winning. Esquer moves on to Stanford, and well, has over 100 wins in the same timeframe.

Nope. You don't know me or my take on Esquer so quit making such generalizations.

You keep repeating this mantra about Neu. Why not direct it at Knowlton instead of here? He didn't hire Neu.

You remain silent and out of sight when Cal takes both the Stanford and UCLA conference series. But, sure enough, here you are gloating when they drop the rubber game to Oregon in heart-breaking fashion and with so much on the line. Some would call that trolling.
Baller4
SFCALBear72 said:

Baller4 said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Baller4 said:

Nope. You don't know me or my take on Esquer so quit making such generalizations.

You keep repeating this mantra about Neu. Why not direct it at Knowlton instead of here? He didn't hire Neu.

You remain silent and out of sight when Cal takes both the Stanford and UCLA conference series. But, sure enough, here you are gloating when they drop the rubber game to Oregon in heart-breaking fashion and with so much on the line. Some would call that trolling.
I am sure if the messages from the old bearinsider were around and accessible we could easily find your critique on Esquer and the shortcomings everyone who is silent on this years good chance of missing a regional. Just because I don't throw a party every time does not mean anything. Where was your party on anyo of those wins??? You only respond to my posts, so maybe you are trolling me! There were only a small handful who would speak up on Esquer's behalf, and you were not one of them. I am not sure what happened to Bearbaseballbacker, but he was probably only one of the select few who spoke up for Esquer on this message board.

Neu has taken credit for a lot that was accomplished by Esquer. Yet, you give Neu a pass. The mantra was that Esquer was not the one to lead this program to the next level, seems to be doing a good job across the bay! Yet, now I get attacked by you for what I say, that is not any different from what has been said about Esquer. If you were not happy with the way the program was going before, you seem pretty happy now. Baker's class is the last of Esquer's recruiting efforts. Let's see how things move forward from here. All the big Sticks are gone after this season.

I would like to see this program move in the right direction. I just don't think the current guy is the guy to lead us in that direction!
calbears4ever
Well, our bears had no chance of making a regional after the series loss to Oregon. The selection show bracket did not even show them as one of the bubble teams, and they fell out of the picture due to the loss to the Ducks. Regardless, we should still see Cal players drafted, but maybe not first rounders
Baller4
calbears4ever said:

Well, our bears had no chance of making a regional after the series loss to Oregon. The selection show bracket did not even show them as one of the bubble teams, and they fell out of the picture due to the loss to the Ducks. Regardless, we should still see Cal players drafted, but maybe not first rounders
That did not help their cause, even though some were throwing a party for series wins against Stanford and UCLA.

Look at Pitt, they did stumble from being a potential host, to not even a part of the field of 64!. The committee chairs did not look good when being asked about that one. He fumbled through his papers and Pitt did stumble, but Bama lost 9 of its last 12 games.

I believe in the year OSU won their second CWS. Cal had taken that OSU series and a series against Stanford. As I recall, Cal finished in the top 6 of the Pac. Both of those teams leapfrogged Cal for a regional bid.

calbears4ever
Was the year OSU won the year Cal made a regional but stumbled against TCU in the postseason (2019)? I feel like Cal needed to at least take the series over Oregon to get in. Hopefully the new recruits will provide us with the support we need to replace graduating seniors and those we may lose to the draft
SFCALBear72
A team ranked 90th in RPI as we currently are has no shot at a bid. I doubt an Oregon series win would have helped much.

Someone on the committee "owed" Alabama a favor.

During last night's Big 12 Championship game, the announcers made a strong case for K-State. They didn't make it either.
calbears4ever
Yeah Cal has not been able to replicate the success they had when Vaughn and co were bears
Baller4
calbears4ever said:

Was the year OSU won the year Cal made a regional but stumbled against TCU in the postseason (2019)? I feel like Cal needed to at least take the series over Oregon to get in. Hopefully the new recruits will provide us with the support we need to replace graduating seniors and those we may lose to the draft
No that was in 2007, Cal finished 4th in the Pac with a winning overall record. Was 12 - 12 in the Pac. I believe took the series from OSU. OSU finished 10-14 and leapfrogged Cal for a regional bid. Stanford did not make a regional that year.
Schroeder71
I was one of those that critiqued Esquer when Cal dropped down to the bottom of the conference. I also did the same with Ninemire when the softball team dropped way down in the standings...I actually follow Cal softball more closely than I do the baseball team nowadays. GO BEARS!
Baller4
You must be proud!
Baller4
Interesting, I was able to attend that last three games of Stanford and Irvine. There were some Cal staff, (Not Baseball of course) in attendance. As well as, some ex players who I recognized. I bet they were all thinking the same thing, sure glad "HE" is gone!!!!!! I am not going to name the players, as I know this board. Staff members I saw, I did not know their names, but interesting.

Maybe we can hope that the next recruiting class will produce the likes of all the Sr's who we were lucky to still have on this squad this year due to Covid. Maybe our #79 recruiting class according to PG will get us to that title!!!!

perfectgame.org/rankings/recruiting/rankings.aspx

SFCALBear72
Baller4 said:

Interesting, I was able to attend that last three games of Stanford and Irvine. There were some Cal staff, (Not Baseball of course) in attendance. As well as, some ex players who I recognized. I bet they were all thinking the same thing, sure glad "HE" is gone!!!!!! I am not going to name the players, as I know this board. Staff members I saw, I did not know their names, but interesting.

Maybe we can hope that the next recruiting class will produce the likes of all the Sr's who we were lucky to still have on this squad this year due to Covid. Maybe our #79 recruiting class according to PG will get us to that title!!!!

Watching last night's game on TV, the crowd noise made it seem like an Irvine home game. Sure enough when cameras showed the Stanford crowd, they seemed to be sitting on their hands even as Irvine made a push in last three innings to tie the score. Nice support. Much like their football fans.
Baller4
SFCALBear72 said:

Baller4 said:

Watching last night's game on TV, the crowd noise made it seem like an Irvine home game. Sure enough when cameras showed the Stanford crowd, they seemed to be sitting on their hands even as Irvine made a push in last three innings to tie the score. Nice support. Much like their football fans.

I guess you were not watching the same game I attended. No part of that game on Monday night did Irvine tie the score. Cal is home watching Stanford advance, and all you can come up with is the fans not cheering loud enough?
SFCALBear72
Baller4 said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Baller4 said:

I guess you were not watching the same game I attended. No part of that game on Monday night did Irvine tie the score. Cal is home watching Stanford advance, and all you can come up with is the fans not cheering loud enough?

A "push to tie the score". Maybe that was a confusing phrase. Yes, I know they didn't tie the score. Didn't Stanford need to bring in their ace pitcher in the bottom of the 9th with runners on to stop the threat??? 9 pitchers used? Against Irvine?

Yes, I'm mocking those fans much like you mock the fans on this site for a coaching decision we had no say in and one you find unacceptable. You are directing your anger and frustration at the wrong target.
Baller4
SFCALBear72 said:

Baller4 said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Baller4 said:

A "push to tie the score". Maybe that was a confusing phrase. Yes, I know they didn't tie the score. Didn't Stanford need to bring in their ace pitcher in the bottom of the 9th with runners on to stop the threat??? 9 pitchers used? Against Irvine?

Yes, I'm mocking those fans much like you mock the fans on this site for a coaching decision we had no say in and one you find unacceptable. You are directing your anger and frustration at the wrong target.
I know how sensitive you are, so I will try not to hurt your feelings!!!!

So you are questioning the use of 9 pitchers against Irvine? Stanford is in a super regional or the second time in four years, Neu is home watching the super regionals for the fourth time in four years, and yes I am counting his only regional appearance when it was 2 and a Q!

Irvine won the Big West and were ranked in the top 20. They are a good team, but I guess you cannot determine what a good team is or a good coach. I guess you have never heard of all hands on deck when it comes to winning a regional. So I guess you questioned when Bumgardner came in relief against the Royals to win the WS? Nice attempt at a dig there of Esquer!

As for the coaching decision. You may not have had a hand in the decision, but it is what you and all the others who are now so quiet about missing the post season. It was outrage over outrage just to bash Esquer, even when he was in the CWS in 2011, reasons were made up to bash. Well you got what you wanted and now all silent. Seems like it is OK now to miss the post season, let's get em next year guys mentality. Yet attack me for bringing up what we let just walk away for Neu who did such a great job at Pacific. I am sure Neu will take credit for Milano's recruiting of Nady who is now in the Cal HOF, or I am sure Milano will give him credit since Milano is such a fan. I have not heard of any emails trying to sabotage the program in the last 4 years.

Baller4
SFCALBear72 said:

Baller4 said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Baller4 said:

Equer 5-11 last year, this year Omaha, Neu, 5-11 last year, this year home watching Esquer go to Omaha!!!! But he is not coaching us anymore, yeah he cannot coach!!!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.