CAL vs USC - Polo 3rd Place Match at MPSF!

1,677 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bear8995
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just started at 1PM.
The Bears will most likely need this win in order to receive a bid to the NCAA's next week.

Play by play link below:

The FOSH - Southern California vs. California Live Stats
DiabloWags
Cal loses 11 - 9 on a series of goals late in Q4 by the Trojans.

'SC scored 3 goals over a 2 minute span late in the 4th period.

The Bears were only 2 for 10 on the powerplay.

Had chances, but couldnt convert.
DiabloWags
NCAA Selection Committee will announce their selections tonight.

https://www.ncaa.com/sports/waterpolo-men
crewbear
Wow -- not only got in but given the #2 seed. Stanford the odd team out after losing in the MPSF championship game to UCLA. Bears fortunate to have the chance to redeem their disappointing showing this weekend.
https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/waterpolo-men/nc/2021?utm_campaign=inline-superpage
coachdeke
crewbear said:

Wow -- not only got in but given the #2 seed. Stanford the odd team out after losing in the MPSF championship game to UCLA. Bears fortunate to have the chance to redeem their disappointing showing this weekend.
https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/waterpolo-men/nc/2021?utm_campaign=inline-superpage

Stanford's only victory v Cal, Ucla and USC was Saturday's win over Cal; so, the only way they could make it was to win the tournament. Cal's place in the NCAA's was achieved before the MPSF Tournament.
Schroeder71
It looks likely that Cal will face UCLA in one semi final and USC will almost certainly advance from the other semi.
GO BEARS!
coachdeke
Schroeder71 said:

It looks likely that Cal will face UCLA in one semi final and USC will almost certainly advance from the other semi.
GO BEARS!

Usc does not have a give-me in playing #5 Long Beach St in the semis
Ccajon2
Furds win the 2 MPSF PLAYoff games and don't get invited, now that's an OINK if I ever saw one.
Ccajon2
Furds win the 2 MPSF PLAYoff games and don't get invited, now that's an OINK if I ever saw one.
DiabloWags
coachdeke said:

Schroeder71 said:

GO BEARS!

Usc does not have a give-me in playing #5 Long Beach St in the semis

Agreed 100%
Bear8995
Ccajon2 said:

That happened to us a couple of years ago. The #4 seed in the MPSF tournament basically needs to win it to make it into the NCAAs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.