BB Cal up tied 7-7 bottom of 8th

2,211 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by GMP
OBear073akaSMFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bottom of the 8th, Cal up and tied 7-7. UCLA just scored 2 runs in the 8th to tie the score. Cal needs to keep winning to continue their possible NCAA bid. Go Bears!
OBear073akaSMFan
Cal defeated by UCLA 7-9 in 10 innings. Cal led 7-5 after 7 innings but relievers couldn't hold the lead. Wonder why Cal didn't use Joseph King in relief. He was used in the 1st game for 2 inning and help close out that game. SInce this was an eliminations game all pitchers should had been available. Maybe they was saving him for the next game if they won ...but we'll never know now.
Baller4
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Cal defeated by UCLA 7-9 in 10 innings. Cal led 7-5 after 7 innings but relievers couldn't hold the lead. Wonder why Cal didn't use Joseph King in relief. He was used in the 1st game for 2 inning and help close out that game. SInce this was an eliminations game all pitchers should had been available. Maybe they was saving him for the next game if they won ...but we'll never know now.
Well Neu didn't win Pac 12 coach of year for a reason!!!! Interesting I wonder if Flemer ever made it to AZ????

I guess with the Pac 12 title never insight, at least for Neu's time as HC. The excitement will be playing down to the last weekend in conference to get that 8th seed in this tourney.

Anyone see, U of A's tweet to ASU??? No love lost between those 2 schools!!!!
OBear073akaSMFan
Baller4 said:

Well Neu didn't win Pac 12 coach of year for a reason!!!!

I dont think this one decided it but more like his 8th place finish in pac-12. Any idea who won it?
Baller4
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Baller4 said:

I dont think this one decided it but more like his 8th place finish in pac-12. Any idea who won it?
Yeah, the Coach who all of you complained about and said who could not coach!

2 Pac titles, 3 and now a fourth regional appearance. 1 CWS appearance, 2 Pac coach of the year, three in total counting the 2011 COY at Cal. What is Neu's resume again??

So keep getting excited about playing for the 8th spot in the conference tourney each year, but hey, Neu is the man to lead this program to the promised land!!

The difference, Neu will stay here until he is let go, because no other opportunities will come his way. If he was so great, why doesn't his alma mater want him??

I will give Neu the benefit of the doubt. he can't win at an institution who does not invest in winning. However, he has proven he could not win, just look at his record at UOP. That is why Neu was a "Blue Light Special".

5 years, one regional appearance. So we should all throw out any expectation for contention of a Pac title, and just shoot for 8th place in the Pac tourney. Y'all seem to not complain and question as much as you did before! So 8th seed in the tourney is like a Pac title for Cal. Seems like the athletic department is fine with it.

SFCALBear72
Baller4 said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

Baller4 said:

Yeah, the Coach who all of you complained about and said who could not coach!

2 Pac titles, 3 and now a fourth regional appearance. 1 CWS appearance, 2 Pac coach of the year, three in total counting the 2011 COY at Cal. What is Neu's resume again??

So keep getting excited about playing for the 8th spot in the conference tourney each year, but hey, Neu is the man to lead this program to the promised land!!

The difference, Neu will stay here until he is let go, because no other opportunities will come his way. If he was so great, why doesn't his alma mater want him??

I will give Neu the benefit of the doubt. he can't win at an institution who does not invest in winning. However, he has proven he could not win, just look at his record at UOP. That is why Neu was a "Blue Light Special".

5 years, one regional appearance. So we should all throw out any expectation for contention of a Pac title, and just shoot for 8th place in the Pac tourney. Y'all seem to not complain and question as much as you did before! So 8th seed in the tourney is like a Pac title for Cal. Seems like the athletic department is fine with it.

Do you get off on berating folks on this site? Sure seems like it. You imply that none of us care about the
state of the program. That's not true. The truth of the matter is that AD Knowlton won't make a change. He's satisfied with mediocrity and inaction (see women's swimming program). He's coasting now that he got a "gift" extension from the Chancellor. He's the one that is satisfied with an 8th place finish. Not me or others here.

But complaints fall on deaf ears.
OBear073akaSMFan
No problem love to bait him with his tirates. Makes him look and sound pathetic. Really think he should just stay on the furd's website where he post same thing when people brings up other people who they prefer before they hired Esquer.
Baller4
OBear073akaSMFan said:

No problem love to bait him with his tirates. Makes him look and sound pathetic. Really think he should just stay on the furd's website where he post same thing when people brings up other people who they prefer before they hired Esquer.
I have asked you to give me your rundown on what Neu is doing for this program to take it over the top. You love to dodge that question and not answer. So as a typical right side politician you deflect. You seem to think that I am on Stanford's board, so you throw this idiotic accusation to not answer my question. But I have to ask you. What are you doing on their board???? You hate "Furd" so much, you have to go on their board. I am sure you sit their tossing one, wishing that you would be able to post about winning, but that is not the case here! I guess anybody who has anything good to say about Esquer on the entire internet has to be me. NOT!!!!!!! (I will give you credit for me using, "NOT", because it seems you are still stuck in your past college intramural super star days using that phrase!)

I will have to take some time to look at their board, I am sure I will find you on there. So I can assume that any negative posts by Esquer on the Stanford board probably is you!

So please, the Kyle Peterson of this board. Stop dodging the question, since you are such the expert on winning. Please break it down for all us to be enlighten on what Neu is doing to win here at Cal. Or, are you just full of it as the guy who had to admit that he knew nothing about college baseball when I asked him the same question on a different topic string. His breakdown, " I just like the family fun at games"!

What is Neu doing for this program in his last 5 years to make it a winner? Simple question, and with your expertise, should be a simple answer. Remember, you graduated from the #1 rated public university! NOT!!!!

operbear
Another rant. Ignore.
Operbear
Baller4
Man, I am sure glad Esquer left, and now that we have Neu in place. I cannot believe how many regional and super regionals we have been a part of under his leadership!!!!!

Roooollllllllll Onnnnnnn Youuuuuuuu Beaaarrrrrs!!!!!
operbear
Like an unwelcome Skunk making its odoriferous appearance in the middle of the night.
Operbear
Baller4
operbear said:

Like an unwelcome Skunk making its odoriferous appearance in the middle of the night.
I am just expressing what a big favor that was given to us with his departure. Plus, I am sure that is what your significant other says about you when entering a room.

OBear073akaSMFan
Thank goodness furds have played all their games at home. And the next two will also be at home. Lucky Esquer!
SFCALBear72
Furds had trouble with Texas State. Texas State??

Watch out! UConn has an even more potent offense. Remember to recycle the Chuck E Cheese boxes. Lol.
GMP
Baller4 said:

operbear said:

I am just expressing what a big favor that was given to us with his departure. Plus, I am sure that is what your significant other says about you when entering a room.

I've asked you repeatedly before and you refuse to answer: was Esquer good at Cal? I think he was very mediocre. Maybe he couldn't recruit to Cal, because his heart was in Palo Alto. Maybe Cal doesn't have the facilities to recruit. Maybe Cal lacks something else.

But Esquer was not good here. Neu has not been good either.

So why are you so upset Esquer left? Why are you mad at the people who correctly say he didn't win here, despite being here almost two decades?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.