Prefontaine Classic Today at 1:30pm

1,343 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DiabloWags
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Some excellent track and field athletes opening up their season today. Rain in the forecast.

NBC
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Schroeder71
CA Track & Field State Meet at 5 pm TODAY online c/o NFHS.
DiabloWags
Live Results for the State Meet.

https://rt.trackscoreboard.com/meets/52722/events
DiabloWags
Sydnie Vanek from Clovis High PR's by 8.5" in the Long Jump to win the event with a jump of 20-08.5

She's just a Junior.
16 years old.

UNBELIEVABLE!

helltopay1
The entire decade of the 1950's was the track&field gold standard for both high school and colleges in the nation.

In California, we had the Fresno Relays, Modesto Relays, and hundreds of invitationals and well as terrific dual meets among USC, UCLA, Cal and Stanford.
USC was always the gold standard with the other schools struggling to catch up...I never missed a Fresno Relays or Modesto Relays while in high school or college.
track & field today is just a shell compared to the glory years.
Polodad
I remember those days. My first T&F Meet memory was on Wheeling Island (between Wheeling WV and Bellaire OH) in the early '50's. I remember watching Charlie Dumas, a high schooler from Compton, attempt 7' in the HJ at Chaffey HS in Ontario in soCal in the later '50's. The glory days.
DiabloWags
Polodad said:

I remember those days. My first T&F Meet memory was on Wheeling Island (between Wheeling WV and Bellaire OH) in the early '50's. I remember watching Charlie Dumas, a high schooler from Compton, attempt 7' in the HJ at Chaffey HS in Ontario in soCal in the later '50's. The glory days.

The State Meet at Buchanan High in Clovis is worth the trip. The stadium is exceptional and rivals most state college facilities. The competition is second to none. Definitely worth the trip and an overnight stay.

For example, Dublin High SOPHOMORE Jathiya Muhammed won the pole vault yesterday as she cleared 13-09 !!!

My buddy coaches Jathiya and her freshman brother, Khaliq in the off-season.
Khaliq just happens to have the highest jump in the Nation by a HS freshman at 15-07.

Runner-up Lexi Evans also cleared 13-09 in the Girls competition.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.