Softball signs impressive 2023 class

10,559 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by LodeBear
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If recruited catcher Alyssa Herrera is out, why NOT fill the catching slot with Kacey Zobac?
OBear073akaSMFan
Schroeder71 said:

If recruited catcher Alyssa Herrera is out, why NOT fill the catching slot with Kacey Zobac?
Come on. Do you think if Kacey Zobac wanted to come back ..coach Spencer would refuse her coming back? I highly doubt it to a player like Kacey.
CalFanatic
CalFanatic said:

Roelling follows up her perfect game with a no-hitter. I think Cal signed a good one, no?

CCHS into the semis.

Roelling (again) shutouts Oakdale 1-0. Headed to the title game against #2 Ponderosa Saturday.

19 innings
3 walks/ 38 strikeouts
4 hits allowed (1 perfect game and 1 no-hitter)
0.00 ERA

Not a shabby playoff run so far.

Shocky1
randi roelling
https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/110786/replies/2174893
BearinOC
She's got some dance moves too in that celebration. There looks to be zero chance of being called for illegal pitches.
CalFanatic
Bummer for Roelling. She strikes out 14 and gives up zero earned runs... but falls 1-0 in the D3 championship.

But hey, congrats on a great season. The state strikeout leader now by a mile and finishes top 15 in the country. The future of Cal softball!

Edit- Apparently CCHS still advances to the Nor Cal Regional Championships! I was under the impression only the title winner advanced. However, it is the top two finishers by division. The season continues!
LodeBear
i would not be surprised if ponderosa is sent to div 2 for nor cals. maybe CCHS will stay in div 3. this year teams in the nor cal championships have been shipped to higher divisions in basketball. so softball could be same situation.
CalFanatic
LodeBear said:

i would not be surprised if ponderosa is sent to div 2 for nor cals. maybe CCHS will stay in div 3. this year teams in the nor cal championships have been shipped to higher divisions in basketball. so softball could be same situation.
I was curious and looked it up just now. Ponderosa got the #1 seed and #2 seed is CCHS. So there could very well be a matchup for the championship.

Ponderosa won 8-1 today. Roelling shutout Madera 3-0.

The big shocker was in D1. Hollister knocked off power St. Francis for the title and is the current #1 seed. Cal has a 2024 recruit on the Hollister team. Congratulations to them.
Schroeder71
Hollister has been a softball powerhouse for a long time. There's an article in today's SF Chronicle about the baseball and softball playoffs for all of Northern California. They knocked off Archbishop Mitty and then upset Saint Francis. Hollister is the #1 seed in Northern California (Division I).

Who's the recruit from Hollister for the Class of 2024?
SFCALBear72
Schroeder71 said:

Hollister has been a softball powerhouse for a long time. There's an article in today's SF Chronicle about the baseball and softball playoffs for all of Northern California. They knocked off Archbishop Mitty and then upset Saint Francis. Hollister is the #1 seed in Northern California (Division I).

Who's the recruit from Hollister for the Class of 2024?
Mia Phillips. Infielder.
Schroeder71
Thank you, SFCB72! Mia Phillips sounds familiar... I could not find a post for the 2024 recruits.
Mia Philips' (Hollister, CA) High School Softball Stats (maxpreps.com) click on her base running stats, too.
LodeBear
CalFanatic said:

LodeBear said:

I was curious and looked it up just now. Ponderosa got the #1 seed and #2 seed is CCHS. So there could very well be a matchup for the championship.

Ponderosa won 8-1 today. Roelling shutout Madera 3-0.

The big shocker was in D1. Hollister knocked off power St. Francis for the title and is the current #1 seed. Cal has a 2024 recruit on the Hollister team. Congratulations to them.
thanks CalFanatic. that is great they can stay in proper divisions. will probably come down to the top two seeds playing again. I like the underdog CCHS.
CalFanatic
Mitty got beat pretty badly today, too. So no Hollister-Mitty rematch in the semifinals for D1. I'd imagine we see a rematch in the D3 final.

And yep, correct on Phillips. I'm sure any team would take a recruit who plays for the #1 team-in the toughest division- and leads in RBI's, triples and home runs!

SFCALBear72
Schroeder71 said:

Thank you, SFCB72! Mia Phillips sounds familiar... I could not find a post for the 2024 recruits.
Mia Philips' (Hollister, CA) High School Softball Stats (maxpreps.com) click on her base running stats, too.
I actually found her name in an online story about Hollister softball.
Intuit
She is also the team captain of the Hollis softball team as a junior. Obviously, she is a softball savant and ready for the next level hopefully as a Bear in Berkeley.
BearinOC
CalFanatic said:

Congrats to Roelling for being named the CIF Pitcher of the year.

She tossed a 5 inning perfect game in the first round Tuesday. It's looking like it could be another Oakdale-CCHS matchup in the semis. Would love to try and attend that game or the championship. I haven't been to a final since Alhambra had their 3 peat. How many D1 players did that team have?! Perez (UCLA), Sparacino (CAL)…I think there was a St. Mary's and North Carolina recruit as well.
WOW! CIF Pitcher of the Year! I am happy.

Did some digging and it's interesting she doesn't play for Batbuster Stith (founder and top Batbuster players play for him). She plays for Batbuster Gomes but their website is down. There is also a Batbuster Roelling, same last name as Randi. I wonder...
CalFanatic
Roelling strikes out NINETEEN to lead CCHS to a rematch. Now in the top 10 nationally for K's.

CCHS faces Ponderosa for the D3 NorCal Softball Championship Saturday.

Hollister also advances to the D1 Final. Go BEARS!
Intuit
Randi Roelling's (Modesto, CA) Central Catholic High School Career Home (maxpreps.com)
CalFanatic
Champions! Roelling ends her career by pitching a perfect game in the championship and hitting a 2 run bomb. Congrats, Randi!

Go Bears.
CalFanatic
Schroeder71
Clutch performer! Randi Roelling produces a perfect game and hits a home run to lead Central Catholic of Modesto to the NorCal Div III Championship. Fantastic! GO BEARS!
Shocky1
2024 defensive back commit brooklyn check is in the same class as randi roelling
https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/110786/replies/2177170
raiders nation pipeline#
CalFanatic
Hollister also defeats St. Francis for the D1 title. Great day to be a future Bear, apparently!
Schroeder71
OT-the CCS strength in softball has always originated from south of Santa Clara County from the agricultural areas. The San Francisco Chronicle doesn't include these schools anymore in their high school sports rankings because they cannot afford to pay reporters to travel that far...Today Div I was won by public school Hollister (San Benito County) HS over Saint Francis-Mountain View, 1-0, in 9 innings. Div II was two more CCS teams: public school, Willow Glen HS-San Jose, in triumph over Notre Dame-Salinas, 6-5. Div 5 was again two CCS public schools in the final: Live Oak (Morgan Hill) winning over North Salinas, 13-3. I don't understand why this is the case but ever since the 6-1 southpaw, Monica Abbott, emerged from North Salinas HS to star on the US National Team (2007) for more than a decade it has remained so. Cal offered her but she chose Tennessee (SEC) and put their softball program on the map. The Central Coast Section had 6 of the 10 schools in the five Nor Cal championship games this year. Three succeeded and were crowned champs.
CalFanatic
If Coach Spencer is getting those type of recruits to Cal it is reason 1,000,000 we should all be showing up to every home game next year.

In Chelsea we trust #nationalchampion
LodeBear
CalFanatic said:

If Coach Spencer is getting those type of recruits to Cal it is reason 1,000,000 we should all be showing up to every home game next year.

In Chelsea we trust #nationalchampion
And with potentially a new stadium next year. YES !!. I am now retired from my practice and will retire from girls basketball after summer season. So i can come watch Randi Roelling pitch. will be fun and i can get my top dog as well. Go Bears !!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.