CAL 8 - #2 Stanford 4

7,551 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Baller4
Baller4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Thank you Mrs Esquer!

I don't think Madsen consulted Esquer on what you learn during your time in Stanford Athletics cannot be applied to Cal!!!! If so, he may have passed on the job.

This program now, plays for the 9th spot in the tournament, rather than trying to actually win the conference.
Baller4
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Thank you Mrs Esquer!
Why so quiet??????
Alkiadt
Baller4 said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

Thank you Mrs Esquer!
Why so quiet??????

Why so repetitively obnoxious?
Go to the Stanford board to express your Esquer mancrush already.
GMP
Baller4 said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

Thank you Mrs Esquer!
Why so quiet??????

I have been asking for over a year now and still don't understand your raison d'etre. Let's set some ground rules I think we both can agree on.
  • Is Cal baseball performing as well as Cal baseball fans hope? No.
  • Is Neu working out? It doesn't seem like it.
  • Will Neu be fired soon? I don't know maybe.

Are we still together? I think we probably are.

So, what's your point? Are you mad at Cal fans who thought Esquer underperformed? That's weird, because he DID underperform, and it was YEARS ago. Was all of that his fault? No. Is he doing better at Stanford? Yes. Is all of that him? Also no.

But either way, Esquer is not coming back. He left us to go to his alma mater. So one more time: what's your point? Give me your mission statement. Give me your manifesto. Pour your heart out.
OBear073akaSMFan
Baller4 said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

Thank you Mrs Esquer!
Why so quiet??????
IF I am mistaken ...my apologies. I was hinted this from a Stanford poster who thought you were the wive or one of the kids.
GMP
GMP said:

Baller4 said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

Thank you Mrs Esquer!
Why so quiet??????

I have been asking for over a year now and still don't understand your raison d'etre. Let's set some ground rules I think we both can agree on.

So, what's your point? Are you mad at Cal fans who thought Esquer underperformed? That's weird, because he DID underperform, and it was YEARS ago. Was all of that his fault? No. Is he doing better at Stanford? Yes. Is all of that him? Also no.

But either way, Esquer is not coming back. He left us to go to his alma mater. So one more time: what's your point? Give me your mission statement. Give me your manifesto. Pour your heart out.

Nearly a month later...

Yeah, I thought so.
Baller4
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Baller4 said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

Thank you Mrs Esquer!
Why so quiet??????
IF I am mistaken ...my apologies. I was hinted this from a Stanford poster who thought you were the wive or one of the kids.
Yes, You are a mistake, but don't be so hard on yourself. I would assume that no one in Esquer's family would waste their time on here. But nice try! You must be the same idiot who accused me of being on Stanford's board. I guess I have to ask, what you doing on Stanford's board. I guess you want to know what winning fans talk about.
Baller4
GMP said:

GMP said:

Baller4 said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

Thank you Mrs Esquer!
Why so quiet??????

Nearly a month later...

Yeah, I thought so.
Since you are waiting by your computer for a response. Sorry but I have a life, and have traveling watching some great college baseball!

This was not meant for you, but your compadre macOSO, but pretty much sums it up. Now, the was a response on another topic, but I did not bring up Esquer. He just cannot let it go. So here was my response.

Maybe this institution is the failure. This Athletic department is terrible at winning in the big 3 sports that matter. If Esquer was so bad, would he be winning at all at Stanford? No, he would be with Neu at the bottom of the Pac, yet that is not happening.

The difference, Stanford wants to win, not wishes they can be a winner. You ignored the fact that the facility here was a joke to attract top recruits, you expected that a HC to YOUR standard could win no matter if their facility was a joke. Wrong, the improvement that Esquer did with Stu Gordon stadium helped, but no way was Cal going to get a player like a Malcolm Moore or a Brendan Montgomery! Esquer was able to recruit better than Neu, however, having one or two on a roster of 35 is not enough. Yet he built the team that Neu took over, and Neu still failed! Darren Baker came here because of Esquer, and not Neu. He stayed only because Noah Jackson had some connection to Dusty. I am sure Darren could have gone to another big time program and faired better than he did at Cal. Playing in the postseason for his three years of college ball.

You ask what did he add at Stanford. The baseball program was at a lull with Marques. Last conference championship Stanford had was back in 2004, last super regional appearance was 2014. What he has brought back to Stanford, was something that he was trying to instill at Cal. Interesting how every Stanford coach who has come to Cal, has not been able to replicate winning. Even Mike Montgomery could not totally turn around the basketball program. He did pretty well, but I am sure you were not satisfied with his work at Cal. I am surprised Madsen took the job. He should have consulted with Esquer and Montgomery and I am sure they would have told him, that winning is wished upon and not achieved at Cal.

Your ultimate choice for baseball, Neu, came back a proven loser. Go look at his record the 2 years he spent at UOP with this same staff he is working with today. Yet the Cal athletic department pursued him to come back!

Neu's first 2 years back, he had a team that was in the conversation for a conference title and a CWS appearance. 2018 he finished 5th and 2019 he finished 4th, with a team who was considered one of the favorites for the Pac title! So while you stroke your piece of paper to high heaven. Just know that this institution is a failure when it comes to the big 3! When Tedford is the highest paid faculty member of this institution, and still could not get to the Rose Bowl, well......

I just hope Rodney Green Jr. goes to a competitive program when he enters the transfer portal. He is very good and is wasting his talents here. Why would any of these returning players endure another year of this?
Baller4
SO NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY THIS WIN WAS TREATED LIKE THE FINAL GAME OF THE CWS!!!!!!!!

Maybe Noah Jackson's barber should be hired on as the recruiting coordinator for local talent. Seems like he has more of a pulse on talent than Jackson does!!!!

Neu will probably be safe until the end of his contract. Clock is ticking on how many of these Sophomores will enter the transfer portal. Green would do well in the Arizona climate where the ball flies for days. Playing for the last spot in the conference tournament cannot be an upside for him and his talent. Green and others would be better off being one of the best players in a competitive program, than the best player in a mediocre program!
Baller4
Baller4
Zachary's Pizza hosting a selection party tomorrow. I hope everyone can be there!!!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.