Volleyball Signee, Grace Agolli, is Top HS Player in Georgia

1,705 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by HoopDreams
SFCALBear72
How long do you want to ignore this user?

From VolleyballMag.com:

GEORGIA Grace Agolli, 6-2 Sr. RS/S, Pace (Atlanta)

Agolli did a lot of everything for the 37-3 Knights, who were arguably the best team in Georgia in 2023. Pace won the 4A title this past fall in a reverse sweep over Lovett. Agolli, a Cal signee, amassed 15 kills, 16 assists, eight blocks and five digs, capping a year in which she recorded 389 kills, 362 assists, 168 digs, 52 blocks and 47 aces. She was named Georgia's AAAA Player of the Year.
DiabloWags
Welcome Grace!

A5 Volleyball Club
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Intuit
A5 Volleyball Club Just noticed that highly decorated Class of 2025 Libero, Francesca Popescu, is also committed to California from this Atlanta based Club

A5 Volleyball Club 17-Calvin 2024:
Francesca Popescu
#4 Francesca Popescu
5'6" DS/Libero
Right-handed
USAV number: SO1600518FOJ
Current team: A5 17-Calvin 2024

School: Lambert High School Class of 2025
Committed: University of California - Berkley

Height: 5'6"
Wingspan: 62.5"
Reach: 84.0"
Block jump: 99.5"
Approach jump: 104.5"
Vertical (approach - reach): 20.5"

High school GPA: 4.1

Honors:
Region Defensive Player of the Year 2022, First team All Region 2022, Lambert HS Defensive Player of the Year 2022, Class Rank 54/766, Prep Volleyball All Academic award, Prep Volleyball All American Honorable Mention Prep Volleyball Top 150 Class of 2025 AVCA Phenom 2021, 2022 Freshman of the Year Region 6AAAAAAA Second Team All Region 6AAAAAAA Prep Volleyball Top 150 class of 2025
Harborview
CalWSportsFan
I don't know much about volleyball, but I have thought (just my opinion) that joining the ACC might help with our East coast recruiting for any number of sports. A student-athlete can go "away" to a great school, yet when it comes to competition, be around their home turf so that family can watch some of the games/matches. At any rate, she sounds like a great player. Welcome to Cal. :-)
CalFanatic
It's fun to be excited about volleyball again. I missed that glory decade of Jerkov, Pressey, Cutura. Murray and Lloyd...
Intuit

Francesca Popescu
Harborview
HoopDreams
CalFanatic said:

It's fun to be excited about volleyball again. I missed that glory decade of Jerkov, Pressey, Cutura. Murray and Lloyd...
CalFanatic
HoopDreams said:

CalFanatic said:

I remember when we landed her over Nebraska in 2007, the same year we beat them in the Elite Eight. Felt like we were solidifying ourselves as one of the next big programs in the sport. Well...
LodeBear
CalFanatic said:

HoopDreams said:

CalFanatic said:

I remember when we landed her over Nebraska in 2007, the same year we beat them in the Elite Eight. Felt like we were solidifying ourselves as one of the next big programs in the sport. Well...
Hi CalFanatic, Merry Christmas and a soon to be Happy New Year!!. I would like to hear your take on our new head Coach. Who recruited the two Georgia players? I hope Cal can continue to improve. higher level players now because of being in the ACC? Will some of the present players transfer with a new head coach? Lots of Questions again for the team. I hope Jen can be the answer. Thanks.
LodeBear
those were great Cal teams that I watched back then. Hope to see that happen again.
CalFanatic
Named Gatorade POY in the state of Georgia. Congratulations!
HoopDreams

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.