Volleyball

5,196 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ncbears
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Boy-Cal got crushed in the initial set but stepped up their game for the final three close sets to prevail.
Schroeder71
Colorado sweeps Cal in straight sets! It appears that the Bears are quite beatable.

The new HC is still not playing several players. Are they sitting on the bench, injured or have they departed from the team? I am shocked that the 6-4 OPP from the Dominican Republic has not seen the court as well as the Gatorade POY from Georgia. Paige Morningstar must be injured. Ashley Li has had her minutes reduced. Someone posted that Sophie Scott suffered a knee injury and is likely out for the season.

2024 Volleyball Roster - California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

Obviously, I primarily following the teams by their live stats and/or box scores. GO BEARS!
SanseiBear
Schroeder71 said:

Colorado sweeps Cal in straight sets! It appears that the Bears are quite beatable.

The new HC is still not playing several players. Are they sitting on the bench, injured or have they departed from the team? I am shocked that the 6-4 OPP from the Dominican Republic has not seen the court as well as the Gatorade POY from Georgia. Paige Morningstar must be injured. Ashley Li has had her minutes reduced. Someone posted that Sophie Scott suffered a knee injury and is likely out for the season.

2024 Volleyball Roster - California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

Obviously, I primarily following the teams by their live stats and/or box scores. GO BEARS!
Watching on ESPN+, I posted several days ago: "Natalie Lau is playing extremely well, but I wonder who her backup is since Morningstar hasn't played this season and Maeder's injury appeared serious. True frosh Grace Agolli was a setter/OH in high school, but I haven't seen her on the bench. Stay healthy, Natalie!"

In today's match, Morningstar, Maeder, and Agolli were not on the bench. Cherlin Antonio who transferred from Syracuse has been on the bench for most matches I've watched but hasn't played. I have no idea the reasons for their absence/non-appearance.
Schroeder71
Thank you, SanseiBear! I wonder where Grace Agolli is? I figured that she would be participating in every set.
smh
match is done.. /* spoilers */
> Attendance given as 86
https://calbears.com/sports/womens-volleyball/stats/2024/uc-irvine/boxscore/36600
muting more than 300 handles, turnaround is fair play
SFCALBear72
smh said:

match is done.. /* spoilers */
> Attendance given as 86
https://calbears.com/sports/womens-volleyball/stats/2024/uc-irvine/boxscore/36600
In Boulder, Colorado.
SanseiBear
Bears are at home tonight and looking good so far. Maeder is on crutches while Morningstar and Agolli are not suited up. Stay healthy, Natalie.
smh
bears volleyball at santa clara going fine, up 2 close games to nil. live stats are down tonight, but streaming works (given xfinity or other provider credentials approval). livestream access..
https://calbears.com/sports/womens-volleyball

bonus content..
smh
ncbears
Lau has been a lifesaver.
But next match will be the toughest of this early season.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.