2020 Men's Swim Recruits

HBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cheering on Destin in some recent local coverage of his high school swimming feats:

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/2341522435794158339/mainlands-destin-lasco-is-the-2018-19-njcom-boys-swimmer-of-the-year/

Mainland's Destin Lasco is the 2018-2019 NJ.com Boys Swimmer of the Year

"That's why the whole room stops to watch Lasco. He's a sight to behold, a swimmer both fun to watch and fun to root for and one with seemingly limitless potential."
solobear
I hope Ethan Dang won't make the same mistake Daniel Roy made - choosing furd. If Dang doesn't like the energetic and passionate environment at Cal, there's plenty of other good programs to go to.

- Training by himself in WA without a coach on deck, Roy steadily improved to reach 1:51 in 200 BR
- After a season with furd, he got 1:53 at NCAA. What a waste of talent.
swimmer19
bearz012 said:

swimmer19 said:

3. Jake Magahey Swim Atlanta Mill Creek High School Dacula, GA
Best Times: 500 free 4:16.88, 1000 free 8:55.33, 1650 free 14:52.85, 200 free 1:36.11
Distance swimmers don't usually rank this highly, but Magahey is special. He's already among the best distance prospects we've ranked, a year earlier than any other class we've ranked. He's already under NCAA invite level in the mile and not far off of scoring pace in the 500. Magahey is also rising rapidly. In the past year or so, he's dropped his 500 from 4:26 to 4:16. His 200 is also dropping fast, and is already fast enough to give him potential relay value down the road.
Visiting Georgia alongside #2 Alex Walsh & a bunch of 2019 recruits:

William Cole (#84 Nat, #1 KY), #3 Jake Magahey, Charlie Logan (#250 Nat, #9 GA) - 2019 commit, Harry Homans (#80 Nat, #1 RI) - 2019 commit, #2 Alex Walsh

Jake: I am proud to announce my verbal commitment to swim and study at the University of Georgia! I would like to thank my parents, family, coaches, teammates, and friends, along with everybody who's been a part of my life along this awesome journey. GO DAWGS!

JAKE MAGAHEY, #3 IN THE CLASS OF 2020, VERBALLY COMMITS TO GEORGIA

Page 3 of 3

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.