Cal Baseball Friday Night Update

1,660 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OBear073akaSMFan
Intuit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bottom of the 5th Cal Bears lead Stanford 6 to 4

Cal up trying to add to their lead
Harborview
Intuit
Bottom of Sixth Stanford has crawled back in it

now only down 1 - Cal leading 6 to 5

Cal up to bat bottom of the 6th.
Harborview
dbush518
Staff
The Bears lost 10-7.
Quentin Selma homered twice for the Bears and cleanup man Korey Lee hammered a two-run shot, but it wasn't enough as Cal (28-16, 13-9 Pac-12) had its five-game winning streak snapped.

Stanford's Duke Kinamon had a two-homer night himself and finished 4-for-5 to pace the Cardinal (36-8, 18-4), which remained in a first-place tie with Oregon State.
OBear073akaSMFan
Intuit said:

Bottom of the 5th Cal Bears lead Stanford 6 to 4

Cal up trying to add to their lead
Was at the game. Key inning where we loaded the bases & failed to score!! My question why was Gerald Nielsen starting instead of Connor Mack. The few times I've seen Gerald at the plate he was very timid at the plate & seem to be overpowered at the plate. I the key 5th he whiffed on 4 pitches, similar to the 2 previous at bats -3 K. Why in such an important game does Neu start Gerald who imo was not ready. Not sure if Connor would had made a difference but he did hit the homer in Utah to win a game for us. I just thought Connor would have been more experience batter for us.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.