Cal VB -Fargo

1,750 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ncbears
ncbears
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, it's a two in one day tournament for the Bears. Someone else noted that there was to be a third game which has mysteriously taken off the schedule.

In any event,
First Match was against Buffalo and a three set win - 25-18, 25-7 and 27-25. I got busy with work and didn't watch. I see from twitter that the Bears led the third set 22-19, but don't know how it got close.

Mirkovic with 14 kills, Rennie with 8 and Haynes with 6.
Blevins with 18 assists and Potter with 10. I think there's something wrong with the boxscore as it says Blevins only played one set and Potter played only one set. So, I don't know who was the primary setter for the missing set!

Box Score
Intuit
Bears next match at the Fargo Tournament versus host North Dakota State starts at 5:00pm PST.

Very impressive 7 - 0 start to the season.

Live video NDSU vs CAL available over the internet: https://gobison.com/watch/?Live=2478&type=Live

Harborview
ncbears
What? Streaming is premium content and I have to sign up! I guess it's going to be live stats and twitter
ncbears
Oh well. Cal trails most of the first set. Takes a 25-24 lead with the serve, but loses 27-25.
North Dakota State is playing their first match - Cal is on their second of the day.

Still, lots of volleyball to play. As in, Cal lost the first set to Chicago State in Fort Collins, but won the match.
ncbears
Uh oh, Looks like the Bison poked at the Bears and made them angry. 25-17 Cal win.
ncbears
Cal comes from behind down 16-12, surges to 22-17 and takes set number 3, 25-22
CalFanatic
Cal wins! Wow the middles were on fire. Forte, Rennie and Anderson combined for:

23 kills
2 errors
on 31 attempts

Insane numbers.
ncbears
And that's the match - Cal wins set #4 25-16.
Mirkovic had 15 kills, but only hit 217.
It's apparently not unusual, but Bison Hegerle has 11 kills and 23 assists!

Cal is now 8-0. And doesn't play Wisconsin Green Bay on Saturday for whatever reason.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.