WVB : Cal-OSU

2,311 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ncbears
ncbears
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And fitting that Huizenga ends it with her 18th kill (season high).
ncbears
So, Bears break their losing streak. The last set was more like the way they'd been playing before.
The middle game was working. Huizenga was having her best match - and Haynes/MM just do what they do (MM with another double).
The 5 service errors will not go unspoken about.
It was nice to see Rennie on the court - even if only for a few points while serving.
On the road to the Arizonas and then the final tough six - SC/UCLosAngeles at home, then on the road to Colorado, Utah, Washington and Stanfurd.
Cal swept the Arizonas at Haas - but the road can be different. Would be nice to get those two as wins before that final stretch.
Bears are 7-4 in conference behind UCLos Angeles at 7-3 (but they play at UW tomorrow). and that other Bay Area school is 9-2.

Go Bears!
HateRed
Yea!!! They did it.
wvitbear
Thanks for the review. Was at a Wake the Dead concert last night. The team has not played its best volleyball lately. I was starting to worry even when we were winning. Seems our defense has become unraveled. But that is not all. I agree that having Savannah back would help. i sense we are a little tired.
ncbears
I think that the defense by Haynes and Huizenga on the corners is not where it was earlier in the year - but both were inconsistent earlier as well, I believe. The middles (and MM) have been Cal's strength - and Rennie's absence has helped Forte and Anderson take charge. Rennie is a fabulous player - but I don't think the Bears have missed her playing in the middle as much as could have been feared. Her leadership and inspiration are different things.

Potter may be tired - her setting the last few matches have been less inspired and placed (too low, too far from net) - I know she's not Carli Lloyd (who is?) - but she is having to work extra hard when before she got breaks with Blevins.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.