Chelsea Spencer Is Coming Home

15,795 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CalFanatic
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm excited about the comment by her coach that Telperson's best pitch is her off-speed (change-up)
pitch. The one pitch that Cal's pitchers never mastered was the change up. GO BEARS!
CalFanatic
Val and Jolene had phenomenal change ups. It's been a rough ride after that, however.
Schroeder71
CF-you're correct. I was thinking of our last two pitching coaches and their collection of pitchers...Cal faced pitchers that had excellent off-speed pitches, however. GO BEARS!
Ccajon2
Wouldn't it be great if the vaccine is ready right around the time Softball starts. I'm within a two hour drive of all the usual preseason tournaments Cal Softball teams usually play in and can't wait to see em play!
CalFanatic
Ccajon2 said:

Wouldn't it be great if the vaccine is ready right around the time Softball starts. I'm within a two hour drive of all the usual preseason tournaments Cal Softball teams usually play in and can't wait to see em play!
Hoping!! I went from virtually attending every home game... to very rarely attending. Ninemire and the late 90's coaching style completely took the joy out of Cal SB for me. Have not been this excited for a season since 2013. GO BEARS.
calbears4ever
If they go back to the tourney like they did in 2018 and win some games, I'm happy. This is their chance to make it happen
Ccajon2
calbears4ever said:

If they go back to the tourney like they did in 2018 and win some games, I'm happy. This is their chance to make it happen

Wouldn't that be great. The Pac is so strong too to bottom, and it's CS' first year as Hc but I'm hoping.
CalFanatic
Anna Reimers, P commits to Cal.

Coach Spencer and her staff are BUSY. Praying we have a full season. GO BEARS.
CalFanatic
Reimers is a dual threat All-State player from Colorado. She is the star player for the #1 team in the state.

I think we had a player from Colorado back in the 90's? But basically... new recruiting territory!

Intuit
https://tagupsoftball.com/video/anna-reimers-class-of-2021-softball-skills-video/

Reimers recruiting video
CalFanatic
Intuit said:

https://tagupsoftball.com/video/anna-reimers-class-of-2021-softball-skills-video/

Reimers recruiting video
She'll definitely need to work on her changeup... but that is some stellar speed and movement on her pitches. Looks like one of her coaches tweeted that she was clocked at 64 mph.
Schroeder71
Class of 2021 P/OF Reimers appears to be a two-way player! Chelsea Spencer is tapping into areas (states) that Cal has neglected in the past. Great job! GO BEARS!
BearinOC
CalFanatic said:

Intuit said:

Reimers recruiting video
She'll definitely need to work on her changeup... but that is some stellar speed and movement on her pitches. Looks like one of her coaches tweeted that she was clocked at 64 mph.
That is exactly what I was seeing too. The good thing is if she is a #1 player coming out of Colorado and she has not fully developed physically, she may be a real good one by she's a Junior of so.
CalFanatic
BearinOC said:

CalFanatic said:

Intuit said:

Reimers recruiting video
That is exactly what I was seeing too. The good thing is if she is a #1 player coming out of Colorado and she has not fully developed physically, she may be a real good one by she's a Junior of so.
Definitely. Tons of great potential. Her east-west movement looked great in that video. Beautiful curveball.

She'll have time to develop too coming in with a solid staff (updated):

Perez (SR)
Halajian (R-SO)
Archer (SO)
Teperson/Reimers (FR)
Schroeder71
CF-the freshman pitcher is Haylei Archer from New Jersey. Teperson is the late signee from Marin Catholic.
CalFanatic
Schroeder71 said:

CF-the freshman pitcher is Haylei Archer from New Jersey. Teperson is the late signee from Marin Catholic.
Complete brain lapse there. I guess i'm also still confused on how Covid is impacting eligibility with redshirting (if at all possible). I've updated the post.
Schroeder71
CF-Cal only graduated one senior and, after the coaching change, has added several more players. This is going to be the "fullest" roster that I can recall in eons...I wish the new staff would post the roster for the 2021 spring season. GO BEARS!
calbears4ever
We will probably see the roster in the next few weeks
CalFanatic
BearinOC said:

CalFanatic said:

Intuit said:

Reimers recruiting video
Reimers is 10-0 (61 innings pitched, 115 K's) in the circle and hitting .536 for #1 ranked team in the state.

Not shabby i'd say!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.