TV News Realigning: Fox News Sagging & CNN Soaring

851 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearNIt
CampBlueRevue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have a pretty good idea why, but how long will this ratings shift last?

A few of Brian Stelter's points/reasons:
1) Fox focusing on Big Tech's censorship rather than on the terror threat we now face
2) Fox News shows going all in on conspiracies
3) Fox de-emphasizing news programs for opinion shows (that many of their viewers mistake for news)

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/16/media/fox-news-cnn-tv-ratings/index.html
BearForce2

If you're counting on this guy for answers, you might as well just ask anyone here.

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
concordtom
Glad to hear it.
BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
CampBlueRevue
BearForce2 said:

If you're counting on this guy for answers, you might as well just ask anyone here.

I was hoping for a more substantive discussion of Fox's issues such as moving their one evening news show (7PM East Coast) into the day time line up, as well as the network's decision to add opinion shows to their online content so that Fox viewers can watch Fox 24/7 without having to view actual news. Rather than having to digest factual stories, they can get the endorphin rush of being told what they want to hear rather than what they would need to hear in order to make an informed decision. It sounds like a few viewers are expanding their horizons. (By the way, I acknowledge that MSNBC doesn't have an actual news show in it's evening line up, but I would guess the viewers are getting more verifiable facts like, I don't know, no court anywhere ruled that there was any evidence of widespread voter fraud.)
BearNIt
BearForce2 said:

Didn't Captain Catastrophe's ex-wife say that he kept a book of Hitler's speeches near his bed?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.