Cancel culture strikes CPAC

5,033 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AunBear89
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
going4roses said:

BearNIt said:

going4roses said:

I'm speechless

https://instagr.am/p/CLzzvTZp2PH

Un****ingbelievable
Stupid people come in all shapes and colors.

This far worse than just stupid.

At first I thought I didn't notice the second line then I was taken s back

I don't have to look this dude up to say with 99% certainty that this dude is a devout Christian. Many Christians cannot shake the belief that the GOP is god's party and everything flows from that.
BearNIt
going4roses said:

45% of CPAC attendees, in the organization's straw poll, said they'd vote for someone other than the former president in the 2024 Republican primary. That's a disappointing showing for a man out of the limelight for only a few weeks and way up from 2019, the last time the straw poll was taken, when fewer than 20% were looking for an alternative to Trump.If he can't get to 90% support at CPAC, the core of the Trumpian Republican base, he's going to be weaker nationwide.
Per the Washington Examinier, 45% of CPAC attendees, in the organization's straw poll, said they'd vote for someone other than the former president in the 2024 Republican primary. That's a disappointing showing for a man out of the limelight for only a few weeks and way up from 2019, the last time the straw poll was taken, when fewer than 20% were looking for an alternative to Trump. If he can't get to 90% support at CPAC, the core of the Trumpian Republican base, he's going to be weaker nationwide.
concordtom
I trust y'all saw the story about the Hilton apologizing for CPAC's nazi symbol shaped stage?

Semi-unrelated - I watched Spike Lee's BlackKklansman two nights ago. It's about the KKK in Colorado Springs in the 60's or 70's. Not the best film, but definitely not the worst. At the end, there is a montage of current events (Charlottesville).

It's pretty shocking that people like that are actually out there.
going4roses
concordtom said:

I trust y'all saw the story about the Hilton apologizing for CPAC's nazi symbol shaped stage?

Semi-unrelated - I watched Spike Lee's BlackKklansman two nights ago. It's about the KKK in Colorado Springs in the 60's or 70's. Not the best film, but definitely not the worst. At the end, there is a montage of current events (Charlottesville).

All 50 states and in other countries too Canada has quite a few
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
BearNIt
concordtom said:

Up until Captain Catastrophe, many minorities believed that the country was moving forward but that belief has been shattered by what has been experienced since he took office. The testimony of the FBI Director gives credibility that White Supremacists have been emboldened.
dajo9
BearNIt said:

concordtom said:

Up until Captain Catastrophe, many minorities believed that the country was moving forward but that belief has been shattered by what has been experienced since he took office. The testimony of the FBI Director gives credibility that White Supremacists have been emboldened.

This is true but I think the non white supremacy majority has been emboldened also. The lines are more clear now and people see they need to be more engaged. The 2022 midterms will be very important. Young people have a vision for the country and Trump ain't it.
BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
concordtom
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/donald-trump-fox-news-fire-karl-rove-081519095.html

Trump wants to cancel Karl Rove.

dajo9
The religious right invented Cancel Culture when they tried to cancel The Beatles over 50 years ago

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/feature/when-john-lennons-more-popular-than-jesus-controversy-turned-ugly-106430/amp/
going4roses
A different vantage point of "cancel culture"

sycasey
Dr. Seuss is not being canceled by any stretch of the imagination. A handful of not very popular books are going out of print.
AunBear89
sycasey said:

Dr. Seuss is not being canceled by any stretch of the imagination. A handful of not very popular books are going out of print.

WHAT!?!? Intellectual dishonesty from the GQP, Righteous Righties, and Fox? I am SHOCKED!
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.