This is why we need voter ID

6,514 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearForce2
MinotStateBeav
How long do you want to ignore this user?

This is embarrassing for a state election official. Even Europe and Canada has election ID.
BearForce2

This was the greatest threat to our democracy since Twitter banned President Trump.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
AunBear89
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Big C

Most of this is just an attempt at voter suppression. That said, who the hell can't present an ID? I guess I don't NEED to, but I always have my ID when I go vote. The first few times I voted, I was kind of surprised I didn't need to show it. I'm pretty sure just about any voter who is poor or disadvantaged and/or a person of color is able to present an ID as easily as I can.
GoOskie
There's going to be a lot of legislation passed to prevent all the election fraud. Wait. What election fraud?
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
Unit2Sucks
Big C said:

Most of this is just an attempt at voter suppression. That said, who the hell can't present an ID? I guess I don't NEED to, but I always have my ID when I go vote. The first few times I voted, I was kind of surprised I didn't need to show it. I'm pretty sure just about any voter who is poor or disadvantaged and/or a person of color is able to present an ID as easily as I can.
A lot of poor people don't have acceptable IDs. Also, students. In Texas you can use your handgun license but not your student ID. If you are over 70 in Texas you can use an ID that expired more than 4 years prior but not if you are under 70. They didn't randomly arrive at these restrictions - I'm surprised they don't allow you to present a membership to the Kenny Chesney fan club when you vote.

There is exactly one motivation for voter ID laws as written, and it has nothing to do with voter fraud.
BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
going4roses
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMehehLVn/

Voter restrictions are meant to keep certain citizens from voting.
dajo9
This was said by Dr. Miranda Yaver and I thought it was very on point.

"It's hard to debate Republicans right now because they don't care about facts and they don't care about decency"
American Vermin
BearForce2
going4roses said:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMehehLVn/

Voter restrictions are meant to keep certain citizens from voting.

Dead citizens?
BearForce2
dajo9 said:

This was said by Dr. Miranda Yaver and I thought it was very on point.

"It's hard to debate Republicans right now because they don't care about facts and they don't care about decency"

And Bill Maher says Democrats don't have balls to debate.

going4roses
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeS6BvdJ/

More voter suppression by race
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

Big C said:

A lot of poor people don't have acceptable IDs. Also, students. In Texas you can use your handgun license but not your student ID. If you are over 70 in Texas you can use an ID that expired more than 4 years prior but not if you are under 70. They didn't randomly arrive at these restrictions - I'm surprised they don't allow you to present a membership to the Kenny Chesney fan club when you vote.

There is exactly one motivation for voter ID laws as written, and it has nothing to do with voter fraud.
That's just it. I might be fine with increased Voter ID (though IMO it "solves" a problem that barely exists) IF it also came with a suite of policies that made it easy for everyone to have some form of identification. If you implement Voter ID laws while also making it harder and/or more expensive to get an ID then you have effectively created a new poll tax.
BearForce2
going4roses said:

If ID is required to receive reparations, people who don't have an ID will magically get one.
dajo9
BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

If ID is required to receive reparations, people who don't have an ID will magically get one.

People will do all kinds of things for money. You aren't exactly advancing your argument regarding a citizens right to vote.
American Vermin
going4roses
BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

If said people had access to magic they would magically get the debt paid
BearForce2
dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

People will do all kinds of things for money. You aren't exactly advancing your argument regarding a citizens right to vote.

It's not that difficult to get an ID in the U.S. What are the obstacles?
dajo9
BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

Everything is time and money. And timeliness. Why are you putting up obstacles for a problem that doesn't exist?
American Vermin
BearNIt
MinotStateBeav said:

This is embarrassing for a state election official. Even Europe and Canada has election ID.
The only thing that the blatant attempts at Voter Suppression are going to do is piss people off and make them come out in mass and vote. Every time Republicans start this crap it backfires and more people vote. Do you actually think that minorities are going to let these state legislatures get away with this? If your state is purple then you have just sealed the fate of those pushing this agenda in local, state, and national elections. People died for the right to vote and the idea that some clowns at the state level attempting to undo something that people got beaten and were murdered for is laughable at best and is sheer lunacy.
BearForce2
BearNIt said:

MinotStateBeav said:

The only thing that the blatant attempts at Voter Suppression are going to do is piss people off and make them come out in mass and vote. Every time Republicans start this crap it backfires and more people vote. Do you actually think that minorities are going to let these state legislatures get away with this? If your state is purple then you have just sealed the fate of those pushing this agenda in local, state, and national elections. People died for the right to vote and the idea that some clowns at the state level attempting to undo something that people got beaten and were murdered for is laughable at best and is sheer lunacy.
People died for the right to vote? You mean people who died voted.

Voter turnout is good for the country, why would this backfire on Republicans? More minorities voted for Trump the second time around.
BearForce2
dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

Everything is time and money. And timeliness. Why are you putting up obstacles for a problem that doesn't exist?

Why do you think blacks can't get ID's?
going4roses
BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

Blacks = _______er.

Black people !!!!! Are Humans not just a race/color ok damn
dajo9
BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

You didn't answer my question
American Vermin
going4roses
dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

You will be waiting forever for an answer
Unit2Sucks
BearNIt said:

MinotStateBeav said:

I wish this were true but, recent election excluded, white people in America have been successful for generations in preventing women and minorities from voting. Let's not pretend like voter suppression tactics aren't a good investment for Republicans to maintain their minority rule. Unless they wake up one day and decide to start acting in American's best interests (Yeah right!), their best angle to maintain any semblance of control is to continue to expend energy making it harder to vote. That's why there are 250+ laws being pushed through state houses right now making it harder to vote and none focused on, you know, like helping this country. If you listened to Republicans you would think the biggest problem we face as a nation is voter fraud, rather than the pandemic, rampant inequality, failing infrastructure, failing healthcare and public health, deteriorating public education and all other real issues.
dajo9
Here's a real problem. Another Republican arrested for election fraud.
American Vermin
BearNIt
BearForce2 said:

BearNIt said:

MinotStateBeav said:

People died for the right to vote? You mean people who died voted.

Voter turnout is good for the country, why would this backfire on Republicans? More minorities voted for Trump the second time around.
Cute but, Republicans aren't expanding their voter base, and given their response to Asian and Pacific Islanders and the ongoing abuse that has been heaped upon them due to Catastrophe's characterization of COVID as the China Virus what little support Republicans had in those communities will be gone in 2022 making the Republican party the equivalent of the Whigs. Who else will they offend before the 2022 elections? There aren't many constituencies that are left that they haven't offended. The filibuster will be modified and HR1 and the John Lewis Voting Rights Act will be approved preventing the bullsyte antics of Republicans as they try to circle the wagons. The only problem is that this is not the Wild West it's 2021 and this crap won't be tolerated in any way shape or form.
BearForce2
dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

Poll Shows Overwhelming Majority Support Voter ID Laws

Obstacles? No, security.
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

Obstacles? No, security.
Rasmussen? Hee hee hee hee hee!
BearForce2
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

Obstacles? No, security.
Rasmussen? Hee hee hee hee hee!
Hillary in a landslide in 2016? hee hee!
BearForce2
concordtom
Big C said:

Agreed. If we designed a system from scratch, we would
-Educate all voters accurately and completely.
-Encourage everyone to vote.
-Verify the votes via steps like ID'ing each voter. A voter who can't ID himself probably isn't well enough educated or functioning to have a meaningful vote.

The Republicans want to silence legitimate voices, want to misinform/miseducate others, and the Democrats want to include uneducated voices.
It's a silly system.
BearNIt
BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

Obstacles? No, security.
More Likely to be struck by lightning than to find an incident of voter impersonation.

https://www.brennancenter.org/sites/default/files/analysis/Briefing_Memo_Debunking_Voter_Fraud_Myth.pdf

Voter Fraud is a lie being pushed by Republicans.

Voter Fraud has been the Republican boogie man for years. It's time to stop the lie a .0003 to 00025 percent incident rate is a poor attempt at raising an issue that was not a problem in 2020.

A comprehensive 2014 study published in The Washington Post found 31 credible instances of impersonation fraud from 2000 to 2014, out of more than 1 billion ballots cast. Even this tiny number is likely inflated, as the study's author counted not just prosecutions or convictions, but any and all credible claims.
BearForce2
BearNIt said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

Obstacles? No, security.
More Likely to be struck by lightning than to find an incident of voter impersonation.

https://www.brennancenter.org/sites/default/files/analysis/Briefing_Memo_Debunking_Voter_Fraud_Myth.pdf

Voter Fraud has been the Republican boogie man for years. It's time to stop the lie a .0003 to 00025 percent incident rate is a poor attempt at raising an issue that was not a problem in 2020.

A comprehensive 2014 study published in The Washington Post found 31 credible instances of impersonation fraud from 2000 to 2014, out of more than 1 billion ballots cast. Even this tiny number is likely inflated, as the study's author counted not just prosecutions or convictions, but any and all credible claims.

Voter fraud has been going on since voting began. Why are you afraid, are you an illegal?
going4roses
BearForce2 said:

BearNIt said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

Obstacles? No, security.

Voter fraud has been going on since voting began. Why are you afraid, are you an illegal?

Why are you afraid are you illegal?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.